are these from Calvert Cliffs?

jpc

Hi folks (especially you folks on the east coast)...

We got a donation of fossils form a local collector.  He had a few Chesapecten and snail casts labeled as from the "Maryland Shore".  I am sure the scallops come from the Calvert Cliffs area, but are snail casts known from this area?  Or anywhere on the Maryland shore?  below are pix.

i1735.jpg

i1736.jpg

Definitely out of my area of expertise.  I don't recall finding molds on the cliffs and added picture of the kind of material found.   I did find molds at Purcell State Park on the Potomac which is Paleocene.  That's all I can add to your question.20161111_111227-1.jpg

Those snail casts don't look like the ones we typically find around here. Both the type of snail and the preservation don't look right.

Perhaps the collector took a trip out here to central Texas.  The first has the look of a Tylostoma tumidum steinkern.  The second I'm less familiar with.  Natica sp. perhaps??

"Men became scientific because they expected Law in Nature, and they expected Law in Nature because they believed in a Legislator." - C.S. Lewis