My growing collection

sandgroper

Here's a couple of pics of my growing collection. It is a mixture of purchased pieces and self collected pieces, it's all a bit disorganised at the moment but I will work out a way of displaying it properly. I really like the hadrosaur pieces, I would like to get to the point where I could put together a complete foot, although it will be mixed and matched I still think it would display well. Thanks for looking.

hadrosaur collection 1.png

fossil collection.png

hadrosaur collection 2.png

Nice,  I really like how you display your specimens and your labels are awesome.  I hope you're successful with your foot project it's a nice target to have.  What are your locally collected items?

Thanks for the comments Frank. The top right is 420myo fossilised sea bed from near Kalbarri, Western Australia, the 3 pieces in the top left are 65myo oncolite from Shark Bay, W.A., the centre piece is from near Dongara, W.A. and is a variety of shells and the pieces in the lower left are fossil wood from a 175myo site near Geraldton W.A.

• I found this Informative 1

great pieces and wonderful displays!

Especially love the little clear boxes everything is set up on.

12 hours ago, sandgroper said:

The top right is 420myo fossilised sea bed from near Kalbarri, Western Australia

Coincidentally, I was just in Kalbarri a week or so ago. When we visited Kalbarri N.P. to go see the sea cliffs, river valley and rock formations, we saw many examples of this ancient near-shore sea bed frozen in time from the very end of the Silurian. The sandy ripples were easy to spot but we never did see any eurypterid tracks. If we'd had a guide to show us some tracks I'm sure we would have picked up the search image and spotted more on our own.

Cheers.

-Ken

IMG_9055.jpg   IMG_9041.jpg   IMG_9049.jpg

IMG_9040.jpg