Shark teeth ID help

NewBay

I found these near Charleston SC and would like to know what type of shark they are from.

I will give them to my nephews and let them know the type of shark and some information on each shark. 

Any information is appreciated.

Photos of front and back sides attached.

IMG_20161114_104308.jpg

IMG_20161114_104120.jpg

Im not an expert, but I would say your first one is a Mako.

Some more helpful people should be along shortly :P

It's possible that the first one is Great White but I suspect all are Carcharocles (recently moved to Otodus). They are too beat up to identify to species but in your area Otodus (Carcharocles) angustidens are a common find but Otodus (Carcharocles) megalodon are also a frequent find.

3 minutes ago, Al Dente said:

It's possible that the first one is Great White but I suspect all are Carcharocles (recently moved to Otodus). They are too beat up to identify to species but in your area Otodus (Carcharocles) angustidens are a common find but Otodus (Carcharocles) megalodon are also a frequent find.

I do not see any burlett on these teeth. What tells You they are otodus?

Tony

PS I had a hard time not calling 3 a megalodon.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

NewBay, in the future it is always better to take pictures with natural lighting (outside). When you have lighting like yours, casting strong shadow to one side, it makes it more difficult to see all the distinguishing features required to get a good ID. Perhaps if you have light coming from both sides it would be better.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

1 hour ago, ynot said:

I do not see any burlett on these teeth. What tells You they are otodus?

Tony

PS I had a hard time not calling 3 a megalodon.

I think these teeth are so beat up that the burlett has worn off. There are several reasons I think these are not Great White teeth. Great Whites are usually thin and triangular. The top of the enamel where it touches the root is usually U shaped and not as V shaped as the Carcharocles teeth. The root is sometimes more V shaped in Carcharocles. Of course there are a lot of exceptions to these generalizations.

Thanks for the inputs. Wish I had a measuring tape with me.

My nephews loved the teeth!  Now I'm on a mission to find teeth in better condition.

Hopefully I can find some Megalodon teeth for them...I'd definitely be the best Aunt in the world.