PRK

We can't figger this one out. SOLVED : COUNTER SEPTARIAN STRUCTURES

fifbrindacier
9 hours ago, KimTexan said:

This was one of the posts that helped convince me to stay on TFF. I was so impressed by the teamwork, general open mindedness to even consider it wasn’t man made and all the knowledge of geological forms shared to hypothesize, enlighten and educate. 

I could see the love of fossils, rocks and geology working together in a community of like minded individuals to solve a very intriguing and awesome mystery of the coolest geologic form I had ever seen. 

I was pretty much hooked after that. That, all the cool fossils and trip reports. 

You core members of TFF that are here on practically a daily basis are pretty awesome and cool.

Thank you for making TFF the great place it is. I’m glad I stayed and I’ve been enriched, enlightened and educated by practically every one of you at one time or another over the past 8 months or so.

Thanks

Kim

Thank you for your kindness Kim.

KimTexan
3 minutes ago, fifbrindacier said:

Thank you for your kindness Kim.

You’re welcome. I’m one of those expressive people. I just have to say what I’m feeling.

I truly appreciate all of you. I won’t name you all. I’ll probably forget someone and spoil the good mode for someone. But you’re on here on practically a daily basis if not everyday or what seems to be all day for some. Not sure how the all day thing works. :D

Auspex
On 11/19/2016 at 6:14 PM, Fossildude19 said:

Looks like some sort of very water worn meso-american carving, to me.  :headscratch:

Very Aztec-ish looking designs. 

Definitely man-altered, if not man-made. 

Regards,

image.jpeg.55129fb33239a865c9a33e35721ba855.jpeg

We know better now (this place is amazing!), but if someone told me it was a Madagascaran chameleon effigy, I might have believed it.

Fossildude19
6 minutes ago, Auspex said:

We know better now (this place is amazing!), but if someone told me it was a Madagascaran chameleon effigy, I might have believed it.

6a00d83451574c69e201b7c8adfb84970b.jpg

abyssunder
On 6/13/2018 at 6:16 PM, truceburner said:

At the risk of a slight tangent, here's a similar weathering pattern of note, however more chemical than geological. http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2018/06/unique-weathering-chain-link-fence/

I wonder how far could they be from beekite rings? :) link

Scylla
On 6/13/2018 at 11:16 AM, truceburner said:

At the risk of a slight tangent, here's a similar weathering pattern of note, however more chemical than geological. http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2018/06/unique-weathering-chain-link-fence/

Reminds me of parts of the Mandelbrot set. Could those be a lichen on the fence?

Ksgal

I love it,  whatever it is. A super cool find!

supertramp
On 13/6/2018 at 5:16 PM, truceburner said:

Am I wrong or the wires are actually covered by a plastic sheath? 
Also, the alteration seems to have a polarity, that is it occurs prevalently on the upper part of the surfaces 
(those exposed longer to solar radiation and warming?); 
so, could this amazing pattern be due to the dilation and shrinking cycles producing concentric and radial fractures?

ciao

KimboSlice

I don’t know what this is, but I had to comment and say I’m amazed at it. I apologize if this has already been answered in the comments.. I looked through them and didn’t catch an update. Did you ever find out what it is? 

Max-fossils
21 hours ago, KimboSlice said:

I don’t know what this is, but I had to comment and say I’m amazed at it. I apologize if this has already been answered in the comments.. I looked through them and didn’t catch an update. Did you ever find out what it is? 

Yes, an answer has been given. A very interesting one too. 

I suggest you read through the whole 8 pages (yes, it's a long read, but definitely worth it!) and read the development over this intriguing piece!

Fossildude19
22 hours ago, KimboSlice said:

It's in the title. ;) 

KimboSlice
6 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

It's in the title. ;) 

Yeah, I’m an idiot. I’d been up for about 3k hours with a sick kid, so I didn’t even recognize that. :doh!:

Fossildude19
1 hour ago, KimboSlice said:

Yeah, I’m an idiot. I’d been up for about 3k hours with a sick kid, so I didn’t even recognize that. :doh!:

No harm done. We've all done similar here. 

We are human, after all. ;) 

Besides, sick kids are tough,  - you get an immediate pass for that. :) 

KimboSlice
16 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

No harm done. We've all done similar here. 

We are human, after all. ;) 

Besides, sick kids are tough,  - you get an immediate pass for that. :) 

Lol! Thanks for the pass! My kid, I swear, is about 137 kids in one on a good day. When sick, the whole world will know it. She’s a good kid, but dramatic. She must get that from her aunt and grandma on my side. :hearty-laugh:

Philip Rutter

A wee bit of pure untestable speculation here - but based on other, parallel speculations.

Suppose you were a Homo whoosis, 40,000 years ago, walking down the stream bed, examining stones to find one to use as a grinder for seeds - and you ran into this object.

I think the idea that "natural geology" was responsible might never occur to them (it never would have to me!), it looks SO convincingly like an artifact.  "Who could have done this?"  No human anyone knows ever has made or even thought of such a thing..  so...  spirits? gods?

Simultaneously a stimulus to think up new explanations, new concepts; and a stimulus to try to copy this.  The birth of both religion and art, wrapped up in one.  :-)

Newgrange-entrance-stone.jpg