PRK

We can't figger this one out. SOLVED : COUNTER SEPTARIAN STRUCTURES

fifbrindacier
9 hours ago, KimTexan said:

This was one of the posts that helped convince me to stay on TFF. I was so impressed by the teamwork, general open mindedness to even consider it wasn’t man made and all the knowledge of geological forms shared to hypothesize, enlighten and educate. 

I could see the love of fossils, rocks and geology working together in a community of like minded individuals to solve a very intriguing and awesome mystery of the coolest geologic form I had ever seen. 

I was pretty much hooked after that. That, all the cool fossils and trip reports. 

You core members of TFF that are here on practically a daily basis are pretty awesome and cool.

Thank you for making TFF the great place it is. I’m glad I stayed and I’ve been enriched, enlightened and educated by practically every one of you at one time or another over the past 8 months or so.

Thanks

Kim

Thank you for your kindness Kim.

KimTexan
3 minutes ago, fifbrindacier said:

Thank you for your kindness Kim.

You’re welcome. I’m one of those expressive people. I just have to say what I’m feeling.

I truly appreciate all of you. I won’t name you all. I’ll probably forget someone and spoil the good mode for someone. But you’re on here on practically a daily basis if not everyday or what seems to be all day for some. Not sure how the all day thing works. :D

Auspex
On 11/19/2016 at 6:14 PM, Fossildude19 said:

Looks like some sort of very water worn meso-american carving, to me.  :headscratch:

Very Aztec-ish looking designs. 

Definitely man-altered, if not man-made. 

Regards,

image.jpeg.55129fb33239a865c9a33e35721ba855.jpeg

We know better now (this place is amazing!), but if someone told me it was a Madagascaran chameleon effigy, I might have believed it.

Fossildude19
6 minutes ago, Auspex said:

We know better now (this place is amazing!), but if someone told me it was a Madagascaran chameleon effigy, I might have believed it.

6a00d83451574c69e201b7c8adfb84970b.jpg

abyssunder
On 6/13/2018 at 6:16 PM, truceburner said:

At the risk of a slight tangent, here's a similar weathering pattern of note, however more chemical than geological. http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2018/06/unique-weathering-chain-link-fence/

I wonder how far could they be from beekite rings? :) link

Scylla
On 6/13/2018 at 11:16 AM, truceburner said:

At the risk of a slight tangent, here's a similar weathering pattern of note, however more chemical than geological. http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2018/06/unique-weathering-chain-link-fence/

Reminds me of parts of the Mandelbrot set. Could those be a lichen on the fence?

Ksgal

I love it,  whatever it is. A super cool find!

supertramp
On 13/6/2018 at 5:16 PM, truceburner said:

Am I wrong or the wires are actually covered by a plastic sheath? 
Also, the alteration seems to have a polarity, that is it occurs prevalently on the upper part of the surfaces 
(those exposed longer to solar radiation and warming?); 
so, could this amazing pattern be due to the dilation and shrinking cycles producing concentric and radial fractures?

ciao

KimboSlice

I don’t know what this is, but I had to comment and say I’m amazed at it. I apologize if this has already been answered in the comments.. I looked through them and didn’t catch an update. Did you ever find out what it is? 

Max-fossils
21 hours ago, KimboSlice said:

I don’t know what this is, but I had to comment and say I’m amazed at it. I apologize if this has already been answered in the comments.. I looked through them and didn’t catch an update. Did you ever find out what it is? 

Yes, an answer has been given. A very interesting one too. 

I suggest you read through the whole 8 pages (yes, it's a long read, but definitely worth it!) and read the development over this intriguing piece!

Fossildude19
22 hours ago, KimboSlice said:

It's in the title. ;) 

KimboSlice
6 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

It's in the title. ;) 

Yeah, I’m an idiot. I’d been up for about 3k hours with a sick kid, so I didn’t even recognize that. :doh!:

Fossildude19
1 hour ago, KimboSlice said:

Yeah, I’m an idiot. I’d been up for about 3k hours with a sick kid, so I didn’t even recognize that. :doh!:

No harm done. We've all done similar here. 

We are human, after all. ;) 

Besides, sick kids are tough,  - you get an immediate pass for that. :) 

KimboSlice
16 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

No harm done. We've all done similar here. 

We are human, after all. ;) 

Besides, sick kids are tough,  - you get an immediate pass for that. :) 

Lol! Thanks for the pass! My kid, I swear, is about 137 kids in one on a good day. When sick, the whole world will know it. She’s a good kid, but dramatic. She must get that from her aunt and grandma on my side. :hearty-laugh: