Back in business again

Ludwigia

My air abrader got stuffed up over 2 weeks ago, so I sent it off for repairs and I've been twiddling my thumbs ever since wondering what to do with myself ;) It turned out that the real culprit was my compressor, which I had just had repaired a few months ago. This time it was leaking oil into the air system, thereby causing difficulties with the other tools. Fortunately it didn't bother the air pens much, but the abrader needed a complete overhaul and I've been forced to replace the compressor completely this time.

I finally got everything put back together yesterday and made a dry run today on a couple of ammonites I hadn't quite finished before everything went awry. I recieved them from a British collector in exchange for some prep work I'm doing for him. I also managed to get his things finished off today as well.

A1166a.2.jpg

A1166b.2.jpg

Sonninia (Euhoploceras) marginatum

A1167a.2.jpg

A1167b.2.jpg

Hyperlioceras deflexum

Now I'm looking forward to getting back to business as usual. :)

• I found this Informative 2

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

3 minutes ago, FossilDudeCO said:

wow, those are some very cool ammos!

Sorry about your compressor, what a bummer!

Thanks. I was pleased to have recieved them. Well, it was about due with the compressor. I got it second hand and have been running it at full tilt for a good 10 years.

Glad that You are "back in business" Roger!!

Just get a thrill from seeing all the wonderful ammonites (and other things) that You prep!

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Glad to hear you are back at it, Roger. :)

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

The field of paleontology can breathe once again. Roger, glad to hear you and your prep tool are back. And by the way, those ammonites look swell. Congratulations.

Thanks Ron. I appreciate your sympathy.

Despite the fact that my wife and I went for a long walk today, I did manage to snatch a couple of hours in the workshop, since I'd like to get the last finds from the ditch in the Kimmeridgian finished. I managed to get these ones done today.

A1168.2.jpg

Rasenia (Eurasenia) trimera. With 9cm diameter the largest by far from the hypselocylum zone.

A1169.2.jpg

Taramelliceras (Metahaploceras) strombecki. 3cm. The first of this species from the site.

A1170.2.jpg

Glochiceras (Lingulaticeras) lingulatum. 2.5cm. These little guys don't get much bigger than this.

On 11/20/2016 at 4:01 AM, Ludwigia said:

Thanks for the encouraging comments everyone. Now I just need to get out on a few more hunts, since my cupboard is almost bare again.

If shipping were not so expensive I'd send you my findings just to keep you busy! ;)

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

48 minutes ago, Shamalama said:

If shipping were not so expensive I'd send you my findings just to keep you busy! ;)

I would be honored, but I can understand your good reasoning. The exhorbitant US mail prices have deterred me from accepting otherwise very fair offers of crabs and pierre shale ammos.