What sites in Northern Ireland to find Fossils

Stumping Iron

Hi I am wondering where there are sites in Northern Ireland that you are allowed to fossil around in that have some fossils. I have searched on the web but there are only places that are prohibited to collect fossils. I don't really mind what fossils there are there and I am going there at the end of December if anyone can help thanks a bunch.

Found this site online.  Sorry - link is defunct.

Not sure if it will be helpful at all. 

Might be worth engaging a travel agent to make sure you can collect some places. 

Regards, 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

We have several members from Northern Ireland that collect and post their finds. I'd suggest reaching out to them for assistance. 

...I'm back.

When I search ireland beach fossil collecting, some sites pop up discussing what is found.

It's always hard to find a place to collect when you are in a strange place, but beaches are a good thing to check out because many places have public beaches that are not a park (since many fossils are protected by park laws). Also, even if you don't find any fossils, its nice to take a walk on the beach. =-)

Classic Geology in Europe. Vol 5. The North of Ireland. Paul Lyle

Classic geology in Europe. Vol. 6. Leinster. C.Stillman & G.Sevastopulo

These 2 books should get you started. Here's a link:

http://www.nhbs.com/series/113606/classic-geology-in-europe

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/