St. Paul Indiana Quarry Open House

Raggedy Man

The St.Paul stone quarry in Indiana will be allowing open collection on the following days. Be sure to wear pants, hard hat, and steel toe boots, however regular work boots are acceptable. Please arrive before 8am to sign liability wavers.

Monday November. 21st

Monday, November 28th

Tuesday, November 29th

Wednesday November 30th

Best regards,

Paul

...I'm back.

Oh man, that is pretty cool that they have so many open dates coming up. Very tempting....  :trilosurprise: :hmmm:

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

20 hours ago, Shamalama said:

Oh man, that is pretty cool that they have so many open dates coming up. Very tempting....  :trilosurprise: :hmmm:

Yes, the wife and I are thinking about staying down there for the 28-30 days. 

...I'm back.

we are in Cincinnati and we will be taking advantage of this opportunity. Be sure to contact me might be able to host a couple of you.

Very interesting news. I may have to take advantage of this. 

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Figured I'd bump this in case some didn't see it. To those who are going, I'll see you tomorrow morning!

...I'm back.

9 hours ago, ynot said:

So all that open area, what did You find?

:popcorn:

Some broken bottles and an iPod nano....lol JP

Lots and lots of trilos and gastropods. I'll post a report when I get back. The light in the hotel is less than favorable for taking pictures. Here's a 3 trilo piece I found as  teaser :P

20161128_150017.jpg

...I'm back.

I'm sure the rain helped wash some of the fossils off so you could find them more easily. ;)

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

I'm so bummed i couldn't make this. 

That is going to be a very nice piece when prepped, Paul. 

WARNING: NOT PREPPING MATERIAL AND STOCK PILING MAY LEAD TO "RJBism", AND MAY RESULT IN REDISCOVERED AWESOMENESS YEARS FROM NOW. ;)

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

On 11/29/2016 at 7:34 AM, Shamalama said:

I'm sure the rain helped wash some of the fossils off so you could find them more easily. ;)

You bet it did!

...I'm back.

I hope that Eucalyptocrinus calyx was salvageable. :)

-Dave

18 minutes ago, Shamalama said:

I hope that Eucalyptocrinus calyx was salvageable. :)

It was. The whole piece actually stayed together quite well.  Atm I'm having to slowly stabilize it. 

...I'm back.

Archived