Tournasian age jawbone

ssmojo

First time posting on here. Seems like there is a lot of knowledgeable members so I'm hoping there is someone who is familiar with Tournasian age vertebrate fauna and can help me to properly identify this jawbone. I have a few candidates, however, I would like to hear thoughts from members. There is also an ulna bone situated directly above the jaw. 

20161120_121602-1.jpg

Do you have the locale?  Blue Beach?  Near Hantsport?

I doubt  if anyone here could ID it other than a general direction.  Best to send the photo to the Nova Scotia museum in Halifax.  If its from the other side of the Bay of  Fundy then perhaps to the new geology Musum in Parrsboro

Yes, really nice.:envy:

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

CANADAWEST.....Yes it's from the blue beach locale. I know Chris, from the blue beach fossil museum, quite well and normally take anything I can't quite put my finger on to him for identification and possible donation if it's deemed important to science. Since it may take a while to get up to see him I thought I'd see what the members thought. My thoughts are either rhizodont or one of tetrapod faunas found here.

That would be Chris Mansky,is my guess.

Which would make my posting (his contribution to)the PLOS article rather pointless

Is that a limb bone, above the jaw?

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

Doushantuo....Yes it is Chris manky. I have a copy of his PLOS one article as well as dozens of journals and reports on the site he downloaded for me. Even with this material, it can be difficult to I.d. some bones as there seems to be little reference material available out there on tournasian age vertebrate bone structure (both rhizodont and tetrapod faunas). I can usually identify 70% of what I find, but there's always something new that throws me for a loop! Lol. 

Needless to say it is a terrific find.

As a matter of fact,at the moment i'm reading some of Klembara's stuff on Discosauriscus.

I posted on East Kirkton,recently.

Palaeogyrinus?

Doushantuo...thank you.I'm not familiar with it however I'm always looking for an interesting read! I will look it up.

Archived