any help with ID appreciated

kevinnix

any help towards what this item might be would be helpfull, i realise the photos are not that clear, but i am helping a member of our local fossil group to find out anything about this object, whether it be mineral or fossil etc. It was found near Sarajevo in Bosnia and Herzegovina,

cheers, kevin

IMG_3061.JPG

IMG_3062.JPG

IMG_3063.JPG

IMG_3064.JPG

IMG_3065.JPG

Could be Middle Triassic marly red nodular limestone, but I don't see any fossil in the pictures.

• I found this Informative 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Hey, you passed me, that was what i was about to answer.:D

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

Indeed, no fossil to be seen. This one is kinda a pseudo-fossil: in the second, third and last pic, it kinda looks like a jaw with three teeth.

Anyways, cool mineralogical find, if you or your friend are interested in minerals:P

Best regards,

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

10 hours ago, kevinnix said:

thanks for your help everybody !

You're welcome ;)

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils