Shell/sea Fossils?

Gallimimus

Guest N.AL.hunter

The first one could be a shell impression, but the pic was blurry. All others look like corals to me. Some rocks I did not see the fossil in.

First ones look like brachiopods to me, as far as the rest sorry no help.

With rocks in my head, and fossils in my heart....

The first one could be a shell impression, but the pic was blurry. All others look like corals to me. Some rocks I did not see the fossil in.

Arent those shells in the second and third rock also?

you may get more definitive IDs from some of the other members after dinner. the fossils to me look like things from older strata than many of us have around us. some of the stuff to me is reminiscent of brachiopod, solitary coral, and crinoidal material. but someone else will probably know.

one of the best ways for you to figure out what you have is to identify the formation it's coming from, and then look up what others have found in that formation. so try to look up a map online showing the geology of your area. there are some pretty good posts pinned in some of the forums talking about how to research the connections between geology and fossils.

welcome to the forum.

look at this link info

That is an excellent link Tracer, thank you. That one does look like a chrinoid, I believe I have another one out in the garage...

Heres another chrinoid?

2rn90y1.jpg

291cjrp.jpg

Better pic of the shells:

1zch95g.jpg

The new one is a coral. The third one may be a bivalve impression but the other one looks like the bottom of a coral?

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

Hawkeye, if you look in the very first post, the second rock in the first picture and the rock in the second picture is the same rock it seems to have two shells in it not corol?

Guest solius symbiosus

In the last group, they are all coral with the exception of the brachiopod in the last pic. The "lines" that you are seeing in that last one is the septa

Looks like late Paleozoic (Mississippian to Permian) marine invertebrates. The double fossil looks to me like solitary corals. The other pieces look like other types of corals. Here is my fossil identification page. Maybe it will help.

Best,

Walt

Looks like late Paleozoic (Mississippian to Permian) marine invertebrates. The double fossil looks to me like solitary corals. The other pieces look like other types of corals. Here is my fossil identification page. Maybe it will help.

Best,

Walt

Great page!! It seems like I got all the info I need, thanks everyone!