Biggest Gator Tooth I've Seen

Miatria

My boyfriend found this extra large alligator tooth in Florida's Peace River.  It measures just shy of 2" in length and is 1" in diameter at the base.

Please share your giant gator teeth finds with me.

Thank you!

#zookeeperfossils

blog2.jpg

blog3.JPG

Zookeeperfossils.com

Crikey mate! She's a beauty!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

That is a honker! Never seen one close to that size before come out of the Peace. Could we have a photo looking at the root surface of this one? Gator teeth are usually identifiable (as in the comparison with the smaller gator tooth in the first photo) by the two "seams" they have running down their sides which make them look like molded parts out of a factory. Croc teeth have many more striations and can be differentiated this way. I'm not really seeing a pair of striations on this large tooth. I'm wondering if gator teeth this big just don't have these striations or if this tooth might be something else. Gator teeth are usually pretty distinctive when looking at the conical holes from the root side which is why I ask for an image from that orientation.

If it truly is a ginormous gator tooth then it is the stuff of B-grade horror movies (Supergator).

Cheers.

-Ken

Yep, wow. that is a really neat tooth---congrats. Assuming there would be 70-80 of them along side of it in the jaw with a bite force of 2000+psi, what a bundle of fun.  Thanks for showing us. 

Regards, Chris 

Archived