More Shark Teeth

Andy

I would say bull shark its definitely of the genus Carcharhinus most likely Carcharhinus leucas. Possibly Carcharhinus obscurus or Dusky shark, it's a decent tooth the serrations appear sharp but the root is pretty worn.

Bull really worn. Serrations are gone tip is gone but you can see that the root is in better shape and leads me to say this one is a Bull rather than Dusky.

Bull really worn. Serrations are gone tip is gone but you can see that the root is in better shape and leads me to say this one is a Bull rather than Dusky.

Ahh Anson...Becoming Pro at this thing now ey!! haha

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

I'm trying to become a pro, but I have a long ways to go. Here is some more shark teeth. What do you think they are? They are from Venice Beach, FL.

Thanks-

post-196-1202046752_thumb.jpg

L-R: Looks like a Lemon shark, middle is possibly a lower Mako with a badly damaged root and no tip, some Carcharinus, also with a somewhat damaged root

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

The apex of the crown of the first tooth appears smooth. If the shoulders are serrated that would certainly support Northern Sharks' suggestion that it's a Lemon. If there is any evidence of serrations over the whole crown, that would drop the Lemon and, in my opinion, open up the possibility of a Bull or Dusky lower.

Besides fossils,

I collect roadcuts,

Stream beds,

Winter beaches:

Places of pilgrimage.

Jasper Burns, Fossil Dreams