Sign in to follow this  
Andy

More Shark Teeth

Gatorman

I would say bull shark its definitely of the genus Carcharhinus most likely Carcharhinus leucas. Possibly Carcharhinus obscurus or Dusky shark, it's a decent tooth the serrations appear sharp but the root is pretty worn.

Gatorman

Bull really worn. Serrations are gone tip is gone but you can see that the root is in better shape and leads me to say this one is a Bull rather than Dusky.

kauffy
Bull really worn. Serrations are gone tip is gone but you can see that the root is in better shape and leads me to say this one is a Bull rather than Dusky.

Ahh Anson...Becoming Pro at this thing now ey!! haha

Andy

I'm trying to become a pro, but I have a long ways to go. Here is some more shark teeth. What do you think they are? They are from Venice Beach, FL.

Thanks-

post-196-1202046752_thumb.jpg

Northern Sharks

L-R: Looks like a Lemon shark, middle is possibly a lower Mako with a badly damaged root and no tip, some Carcharinus, also with a somewhat damaged root

jbstedman

The apex of the crown of the first tooth appears smooth. If the shoulders are serrated that would certainly support Northern Sharks' suggestion that it's a Lemon. If there is any evidence of serrations over the whole crown, that would drop the Lemon and, in my opinion, open up the possibility of a Bull or Dusky lower.