new pics..Wondering what this is :)

Jonelle

Hey Jonelle, 

I unfortunately cant tell much from those photos...did you edit them in some way---they look very graining vs what you've shown before in other photos? They very vaguely look like cross sections thru a bunch of pelecypod/clam shell material that might be somehow overlapping but that is just a wild guess.

Regards, Chris 

• I found this Informative 1

I could see this like a crab embedded in matrix, with the carapace in the center and claws at the left side, but I'm not sure about it.

BEF59546-95D8-43A8-B151-56E1B1134961.jpg.41923f0e66292c3635e80774f7b276e1.jpg

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Better pics are a must to help with an accurate ID. As Jerry Mcguire said "HELP ME, HELP YOU.....help meee, help you". :D

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Sorry about that guys... I resorted to my phone to take pics again.. Terrible :( hopefully these are better... The white thing is about an inch long? The other stuff is bigger and actually extends onto another rock that was broken from this one, but I am not sure where it is, I will have to inspect all of the rocks again, but it looks almost exactly the same... I would say it is at least a 12 inches long. @Plax Thanks! 

_MG_1733 (1).jpg

_MG_1732 (1).jpg

i will try to get better ones tomorrow. thanks :) in the second one here you can see the small white thing I zoomed in on in the other pics... 2nd photo, far left 

I will probably try cleaning it again too because I'm sure there is even more going on but i can't see it. 

_MG_1734 (1).jpg

_MG_1730.jpg

Hey Jonelle, thanks for the additional photos...I understand the challenges of trying to get photos of something I see captured to show others...I still have stuff I've not been able to provide a crystal clear closeup of. I've also have this weird photo editor bug that changes color sometimes and clarity after the fact..drives me absolutely nuts as if I needed more problems...lol.

Well having said that I'm still not sure what you've got...the larger unknown does seems to show some branching character so I'm still thinking marine environment so maybe that is some remnant of a coral/bryozoan maybe even some burrows. I can see Abyssunder's possible crab but I'm not sure if further prep can bring out any further possibilities and prove something definitive.  Some of the rocks around here have lots of goings on and are a jumble of invertebrate hash and bioturbation. Hoping the others can possibly provide some additional help. 

Enjoyed seeing the latest. We went over to the east coast for the holiday and while the family was picking up shells I found more of those calcite/concretionary/burrow looking things like you had in another post. If I get it together maybe some photos later...more stuff I didnt need to wonder about---darn it! 

Regards, Chris