Minnesota Nice

New member, 1st post. Lifelong collector, recently re-enthused after finding this in South Dakota during a hunting trip. Take pity on the new guy and my first attempt at fossil photography. Would love to put a name to this!

1.jpg

2.jpg

Frango Ut Patefaciam...I Break in Order to Reveal :hammer01:

Welcome. Can you please provide the size and another picture of the chewing surface. 

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Thanks for your quick response. Two new pix. I have made no attempt at cleaning until I do an in depth study of methods. I believe this is from the Whitewater Brule

Paul 

4.jpg

3.jpg

Frango Ut Patefaciam...I Break in Order to Reveal :hammer01:

This looks similar to size and shape of a partial Hyracodon mandible. 

A dental scrapper works very well to remove unwanted material on White River material. Also a simple tooth brush and needle helps. 

Edit: also i feel like i should add that consolidating White River material bit by bit has the best results. If you don't take your time sometimes this material likes to explode (especially teeth), leaving an unrepairable mound of fossil crumbs. I like to consolidate with simple CLEAR Elmer's Glue. 

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG