Stratford Hall 11/30/16

RCW3D

It has been almost a month since I was last able to get out, I was happy to be able to get half a day to go play at the river. I had my choice of hunting during a good tide in the Paleocene area upriver or a bad tide down river in the Miocene area...of course I chose the latter! LOL! I had picked up some neoprene chest waders that I have been itching to try out, I knew I didn't need to use them upriver but at Stratford Hall, I would have to head into the water to sift. Well, I can honestly say that I got a great deal on them (used once by a new duck hunter who decided he didn't like duck hunting)...they were comfy and dry, but I now understand why most people prefer the light waders. Neoprene is fine for a place like Stratford Hall where you don't move much, I would have hated them if I had to cover any distance...Lesson learned!

Anyway, back to the trip...a lot of little stuff and some neat frags. My best find was when I sat down to take a break and spied the root of the mako sticking up...my best so far! I also thought the little dolphin tooth was pretty cool, much smaller than the one I found during the last trip here. The little vert is pretty interesting as well.

Here's the pics:

1.jpg

My biggest mako so far, I like the colors on it.

2.jpg

Dolphin tooth...a real little one.

3.jpg

Little vert, I'm guessing some sort of bony fish based on the shape.

4.jpg

Rob :D

See, you just need to sit down and the fossils will come to you.  Great day on the river.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Glad to see you got out and found some nice things.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

They always show up when you've put in 2-3 hours of back breaking work and you are wandering back down the creek or taking a break.  Never fails .... !

Looks great.

Cheers,

B