Fossil grasshopper from China

Quetzalcoatlus

This fossil and counterpart was for sale at a mineral, fossil and gem fair celebrated in my city some days ago. It's a katydid probably from the extinct family Prophalangopsidae that have some similar species. Colour of wings has been preserved and it had dark blotches in them. It comes from Liaoning (China) and I think it's middle Jurassic. Any idea about the species? Thanks!

IMGP4759 (26-11-16 XXI Feria de Minerales, Fósiles y Gemas Zaragoza).jpg

IMGP4760 (26-11-16 XXI Feria de Minerales, Fósiles y Gemas Zaragoza).jpg

beautiful :envy:

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

You might look into the orthopteran, Habrohagla curtivenata

Another image.

These insects look like they are from Liaoning, China.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Thanks a lot, Fossildude19! Certainly the first of your two images are from the same place - it shares the small conchs (ostracods?) with my photos. However is very hard to believe that your two images belong to the same species or genus. The first have longer, straighter and unmottled wings, and a longer, straighter oviscapt. The second one (probably a male with no oviscapt) is much more similar to my photo, however it shows some significative differences that make impossible to be the same species, overall the much shorter hind legs. Resuming: in my opinion, each one of the individuals shown in this thread is a different species, and I don't know which of the three is the true Habrohagla curtivenata.

Well, found the website your images comes from. I was mistaken, second one is a female and what I've tough to be a creek in the plate, is actually the oviscapt (ovipositor), shown here in detail:

http://www.fossilmuseum.net/Fossil_Galleries/LiaoningInsects/HabrohaglaOrthoptera/CF006H.jpg

However it's absolutely different from the oviscapt of my photos. Thus leading again to the conclusion of that each one is a different species. Maybe it's undescribed...