Last Fossil Hunt of 2016

HFVC Fossils

I was recently able to hit a tributary of the Sulphur River and came out with a crocodilian tooth.  Otherwise it was a good trip, but not great like I had hoped. 

I do video better than photos and text. Here is the link. 

Can I ask a favor????

watch the first minute of the first video, and then the second video(1 min intro 2.0). 

Is the first intro so bad (shaky camera, uncomfortable camera angle) that I should try and replace it? How's the second video as a replacement??

i really appreciate it!!

http://youtu.be/i_ZKC9QlAOE

test intro:

http://youtu.be/YJ69Xp5Zkmc

I think the second intro is a bit better. 

I really liked seeing the Cone-in-cone structures in situ. Pretty cool.

Thanks for posting.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Yes, that was an unexpected surprise to the hunt!

the other thing, the cone-in-cone formation is like Huge grit sandpaper. I bet that layer has done some damage to rocks, logs and forbid it...any type of flesh, over the years!

Well I am leaving the original video with the shaky intro.  If there is a way, i would like to edit and remove the link and reference to the second video intro.  Or if yall like it too, I can leave it there.  But I don't see an Edit option. I'm on iPhone, mobile version.  And I don't see an edit function on the original post of this Thread. 

Great videos! Cool finds too. And I also agree that the second intro is better.;)

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Hi,

To what will be of use this comment if you delete videos ? When we put something on a forum, whether it is a text, a pic or a video we make it of his/her own free will. It is to be lacking respect to the numerous readers of our community if you remove anything, comments will want to say nothing more.

The impossibility to modify your comment is due to excesses of this kind in past, it allows to protect the integrity of the discussions. Thank you for your understanding. If you really want to modify something, you can always address an administrator who will make that for you (don't forget to give him the link toward your comment to facilitate him the task !).

Coco

• I found this Informative 3

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg