Dino bone on rock

RJB

Back when my kids were young I used to stop by a rock shop in Hanksville Utah.  I traded and bought a heck of a lot of stuff way back then.  I just ran across this little beauty today down at my other property while going through boxes of stuff.  I have no idea what I payed for this or traded, but back then i had very little money.  Mr.Shirley had some very exspensive stuff and I could not afford his nice stuff, but I did get this.  Now what do I do with it?  Anyways, enjoy. 

RB

DSCN0748.JPG

DSCN0749.JPG

That is a cool piece Ron!

I really like seeing the bones still in rock.

I missed out on buying one this year at the Denver show and I am still kicking myself.

2 hours ago, RJB said:

Back when my kids were young I used to stop by a rock shop in Hanksville Utah.  I traded and bought a heck of a lot of stuff way back then.  I just ran across this little beauty today down at my other property while going through boxes of stuff.  I have no idea what I payed for this or traded, but back then i had very little money.  Mr.Shirley had some very exspensive stuff and I could not afford his nice stuff, but I did get this.  Now what do I do with it?  Anyways, enjoy. 

RB

DSCN0748.JPG

DSCN0749.JPG

Auction to benefit the forum?

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

$10 to start the bidding...........shipping included!!!!!!!!!!

Frango Ut Patefaciam...I Break in Order to Reveal :hammer01:

Hanksville, Utah

In the early 1990's I stopped s few Kms outside of Hanksville and went walking randomly a few hundred meters into no man's land to the east of the hwy... there were a series of shallow gullies. Scrubby and rocky.

The area was loaded as in LOADED with native artifacts. Hundreds of scrapers and large points. Outside of Innuit hunting sites on the Arctic ocean, its the richest area for artifacts I have come across.

1 hour ago, tmaier said:

"What's the age? "

Wednesday before last.

The area around Hanksville is Late Jurassic...I found a bit of scrap bone but nothing worth collecting.

No idea if the specimen is from there but a lot of of the Jurassic stuff is in rock matrix

Archived