log on problems

minnbuckeye

Ever since the format has changed on TFF, I experience the need to sign in again at a frequency of every other day. What is the trick to stay logged in as in the old format?

Help!

Mike

I'm staying logged in. Maybe it is your cache getting flushed? That would be an issue with your computer or browser. Are you using any anti-tracking or non-cookie type applications?

• I found this Informative 2

Yup. I'd say that's what's doing it. I stay logged on for days with the new version of the forum software. You likely do have some sort of program that is periodically clearing out the cookies from your browser. The TFF forum software uses at least two different cookies to manage your login: ips4_member_id and ips4_pass_hash. If these are being cleared out periodically with either some sort of anti-tracking software or something like one of the utilities programs (Norton Utilities) then you'll lose your login. Some browsers can even be set to dump all cookies when the browser is restarted. You would probably notice logins on other websites (things like YouTube or FB) disappearing as well.

I'd say the timing of this starting and the new TFF software being installed is likely coincidental. When coincidences like this happen it's hard not to imply some sort of causation but it is something else on your computer doing this as this behavior is not being seen by other users of the newest software.

Good luck finding it--would be a real pain in the nether regions to have to re-login every other day.

Cheers.

-Ken

When you sign in you check the 'Remember Me' box ?

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Yeah, he clicks on "Remember Me", and the the software replies "Never seen YOU before, Buddy." Then it asks for his credit card. This software is not user friendly.

=-)

No wonder he is tossing his cookies.

7 minutes ago, tmaier said:

Yeah, he clicks on "Remember Me", and the the software replies "Never seen YOU before, Buddy." Then it asks for his credit card. This software is not user friendly.

=-)

No wonder he is tossing his cookies.

unnamed.png

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me