PRK

Here is a pic of a favorite Trilobite in my collection. It is not the best I ever found, But is the best I currently still own. It is a Greenops. And it is the first nearly complete one I have.

20161216_232919.jpg

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

4 minutes ago, darctooth said:

Here is a pic of a favorite Trilobite in my collection. It is not the best I ever found, But is the best I currently still own. It is a Greenops. And it is the first nearly complete one I have.

20161216_232919.jpg

Dave, Is that from Spring Creek? Really nice specimen.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey P said:

Dave, Is that from Spring Creek? Really nice specimen.

Hi Jeff! No this is actually from Deep springs Road. I found this on one of the hunts after I met you and the other Tff members there. 

I have too many favorites, but you might like this ventral? view of trilobite Ameura on flint crust. Found pretty much at the end Pennsylvanian/beginning Permian. Not great focus on the magnified ones, but an interesting connective detail where the pygidium joins the central axis.

ameura.jpg

1311947317364.jpg

1311947332115.jpg

"Journey through a universe ablaze with changes" Phil Ochs

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 0:24 PM, darctooth said:

Hi Jeff! No this is actually from Deep springs Road. I found this on one of the hunts after I met you and the other Tff members there. 

DSR- should have guessed. An exceptionally fine specimen from there. Congratulations Dave.

14 hours ago, caterpillar said:

One of my favorite

Sans titre 2.jpg

Super !

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

These spiral coprolites are all from the Ozan Fm (Taylor Marl) and were found along the North and South Sulphur Rivers in Texas. Wishing everyone here on the forum a fossil-filled holiday season. May your only crappy days be those filled with coprolites!

Pine Bow 5x7-small.jpg

3 hours ago, GeschWhat said:

These spiral coprolites are all from the Ozan Fm (Taylor Marl) and were found along the North and South Sulphur Rivers in Texas. Wishing everyone here on the forum a fossil-filled holiday season. May your only crappy days be those filled with coprolites!

Nice poops! They fooled Me for a bit:dinothumb:.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

I'd post one but I have too many :P 

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

1 hour ago, Jesuslover340 said:

So mean :P

Not mean, just curious!:D

2 hours ago, Jesuslover340 said:

Told you I had too many :P

Does not look like enough to Me!:P:rofl:

(now that was mean }sorry{)

Tony

PS Nice pieces!!!:fistbump:

1 hour ago, ynot said:

Not mean, just curious!:D

Does not look like enough to Me!:P:rofl:

(now that was mean }sorry{)

Tony

PS Nice pieces!!!:fistbump:

Mean, makin' me choose :P

I could honestly add quite a few more.

Thanks! They're all...exotic and intriguing to me :)

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

On 12/22/2016 at 10:02 AM, Jesuslover340 said:

@ynot So mean :P

Fine:

-Two Megalania verts from the Pleistocene of Australia

-Associated set of verts and ribs from a juvenile Diprotodontid from the Pleistocene of Aus. One vert has a bite mark on the underside.

-Undescribed croc jaw from the Pleistocene of Aus 

-Unknown claw from the Pleistocene of Aus...no one has any idea what it is, though. I've heard croc, bird, and tortoise.

-Palorchestes sp. jaw from the Pleistocene of Aus

-Torynomma quadrata crab from the Cretaceous of Aus

Told you I had too many :P

20160928_144849-1.jpg

Oh my goodness, Skyelar! An actual megalania fossil!

How on Earth did you get it?

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

54 minutes ago, Bullsnake said:

Paleozoic micros

Goniatites, gastropods, bryozoans, crinoids, echinoids.

Nice! Like the colors.

Tony

2 hours ago, Bullsnake said:

Paleozoic micros

Goniatites, gastropods, bryozoans, crinoids, echinoids.

012.JPG

It's an incredible world under the microscope isn't it? Great pic!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

7 hours ago, ynot said:

Nice! Like the colors.

Tony

6 hours ago, PRK said:

Great pic bullsnake! Sweet!

6 hours ago, -Andy- said:

It's an incredible world under the microscope isn't it? Great pic!

Thank you, guys.

I can spend hours fossil hunting in the comfort of home during the winter months!

Steve

Although this piece isn't very photogenic or rare or exceptional in any way, it does hold a special place in my heart.

While digging for trilobites in western Utah with Ynot in August, my father came across a very sad and weathered trilobite who had gone through several freeze-thaw cycles. He called me over to look at it and he popped the upper layer off the little guy exposing all of his cracks. Even though many people would chalk this one up as a loss and would go on digging for better, I decided I wanted to try my hand at putting the pieces back together and reassemble the 500 million year old organism. Carefully, we placed all 20 or so pieces into a plastic sack and went on with the day. Later, I would find bigger and better looking ones. 

As soon as I arrived home, I unloaded all the best ones into the house and left the plastic sack and its contents in the garage.

I had nearly forgotten about him until I stumbled across the crumpled sack of disarticulated pieces on the work bench later the next week. Earlier that day I had been very anxious with the coming school year. I had a couple spare hours to burn and it definitely wasn't going to be very productive if I spent it worrying about school. 

I picked up the sack and poured out the contents and set to work. This was my first time glueing a trilobite back together this extensively. But piece by piece I soldiered on.

Four hours later, I emerged from the garage with the specimen pictured. My mood had changed significantly and my outlook on the next several months changed to much more positive. Working on this little guy reminded me why I was going to school and what one of my biggest goals is and that is to study fossils the rest of my life. So no matter how many pieces I was broken into, I could find a way to put it all back together piece by piece.

IMG_0344.JPG

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

That trilo looks pretty decent after you reconstructed it.  Good job!:trilowalk:

I'm not really a shark tooth collector but,

when I collected this Meg in the miocene

of Oregon it quickly became a favorite.

I like the pic too.

image.jpeg

Archived