PRK

On 12/22/2016 at 10:02 AM, Jesuslover340 said:

@ynot So mean :P

Fine:

-Two Megalania verts from the Pleistocene of Australia

-Associated set of verts and ribs from a juvenile Diprotodontid from the Pleistocene of Aus. One vert has a bite mark on the underside.

-Undescribed croc jaw from the Pleistocene of Aus 

-Unknown claw from the Pleistocene of Aus...no one has any idea what it is, though. I've heard croc, bird, and tortoise.

-Palorchestes sp. jaw from the Pleistocene of Aus

-Torynomma quadrata crab from the Cretaceous of Aus

Told you I had too many :P

20160928_144849-1.jpg

20160629_203249-1-1.jpg

20161221_195542-1.jpg

1469434278753_0264895901_b9e0d3a7-1.jpg

20160628_200222-1-1-1.jpg

msg-4740-0-57909700-1460000461.jpg

Nice crab! Are those eyes?

19 hours ago, Bullsnake said:

Paleozoic micros

Goniatites, gastropods, bryozoans, crinoids, echinoids.

012.JPG

How cool, where is this matrix from? What is the size?

@sdsnl It would seem so :)

• I found this Informative 1

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

4 hours ago, sdsnl said:

How cool, where is this matrix from? What is the size?

Thank you, sdsnl.

Hickory Creek shale of the Plattsburg fm.

The field of view is ~1cm.

Steve

To keep this thread going, here are items that I did not find personally.

From Alaska, possibly a fossil walrus tusk (age undetermined). The colors on this ivory are really beautiful. This has handed down from a fossil mentor of mine years ago.

IMG_9700.JPGIMG_9701.JPG

The next is a Grallator print from Mass. Though the print is very nice, the nomenclature on it is the real prize for me. It was collected in 1941 by Micro Paleontologist Jesse James Galloway, who in 1916 was the Curator of Paleontology at Columbia University and later a Professor at the University of Indiana and Research Director of Paleontology at the Indiana Department of Conservation.

IMG_9702.JPGIMG_9704.JPG

• I found this Informative 3

I agree nimrav, I too hate to see this thread come to an end. It seems everyone might post their favorite pic.

BTW: that pic is sweet, just what we was lookin for, not the best but a favorites. So let's keep it rollin

Agate Aturia

image.jpeg

You asked for it!

Citipati_Egg.jpg
Theropod Egg (Oviraptorid)
Macroolithus yaotunensis
71 - 66 mya | late Cretaceous
Nanxiong Basin, Guangdong

Hadrosaur_1.jpg

Hadrosaur Egg
Dendroolithus sp.
96 - 88 mya | late Cretaceous

Kaoguo/Gaogou Formation; Xixia Basin, Henan

• I found this Informative 3

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

40 minutes ago, -Andy- said:

You asked for it!

Citipati_Egg.jpg
Theropod Egg (Oviraptorid)
Macroolithus yaotunensis
71 - 66 mya | late Cretaceous
Nanxiong Basin, Guangdong

Hadrosaur_1.jpg

Hadrosaur Egg
Dendroolithus sp.
96 - 88 mya | late Cretaceous

Kaoguo/Gaogou Formation; Xixia Basin, Henan

Now we're talking!!

I had to ... my Christmas present to myself.  A ridiculous C. angustidens tooth from the Charleston, SC area.  The cusps are wicked cool ... the polish at the end that the seller added was meh, but overall it's sweet.

16111930_10210823940102052_2030640055_n.jpg16111912_10210823940062051_242597922_n.jpg

Whoa, there are some really cool fossils here!

Anyways I'm also gonna come in and show you my favorite: an unidentified lobster from Lyme Regis, UK (Lower Lias, early Jurassic).

This is the first "valuable" fossil I ever found, and it is with no doubt my favorite! I found it a few years back, when my love of fossils was just starting.

image1.JPG

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

• 2 weeks later...

Deltadromeus agilis tooth

This one is a problematic id. There's no skull material yet of this enigmatic dinosaur. This tooth could be Rugops sp. instead. We see many teeth sold in fossil shops incorrectly labelled as Deltadromeus when they are more commonly Carch. Real Deltadromeus teeth are approx 1.5 - 2 inches long, narrow, and laterally compressed. Their serrations are also rounder and more uneven than Carch teeth.

Delta 1.jpg

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

I'll repost this picture of one of my favourite fossils.  Caridosuctor populosum, a coelacanth from the Carboniferous of Montana, Bear Gulch to be exact.

c1.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

This may not be my best one but sentimentally  it's the tops.I found it at Amberley Castle where I got married last year.I am going to set it as a pendant.Cretaceous Sponge.A great place to stay,even King Henry 8th,Princess Elizabeth (now the Queen) and many more.

IMG_20170127_152134.JPG

IMG_20170127_152258.JPG

Screenshot_2017-01-26-19-12-31.png

Not my best photo, but one of my favorite self collected shark teeth, a 3.13 inch Carcharodon hastalis from the Ernst Ranch, in Bakersfield CA.

Carcharodon hastalis 3.13 inches.JPG

One of my favorite photos, a 10mm Squalus sp. shark tooth from the Ernst Ranch, in Bakersfield CA.

Squalus sp.9  10mm.jpg

Marco Sr.

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png

6 hours ago, MarcoSr said:

Not my best photo, but one of my favorite self collected shark teeth, a 3.13 inch Carcharodon hastalis from the Ernst Ranch, in Bakersfield CA.

One of my favorite photos, a 10mm Squalus sp. shark tooth from the Ernst Ranch, in Bakersfield CA.

Squalus sp.9  10mm.jpg

Marco Sr.

Very nice Marco, Congrats! 

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 12.12.00 AM.png

10 hours ago, MarcoSr said:

Squalus sp.9  10mm.jpg

Marco Sr.

The color on that Mako is amazing! The yellow-ish color on the root, and the color of the blade, no wonder this is one of your favorites!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Nearly 2 years ago I had the grand opportunity to search a closed down mosaic phosphate mine with the Tampa fossil club (& apparently mosaic won't allow club hunts any more). Won't forget that day for the rest of my life, nor the weight of the moment when I saw the meg tip sticking out of the ground. 

Meg discovery edited.jpg

zMine_15 edited.jpg

Nice meg! It is a great feeling when you spy a tooth hidden in the debris!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

5 hours ago, darctooth said:

The color on that Mako is amazing! The yellow-ish color on the root, and the color of the blade, no wonder this is one of your favorites!

A good number of the teeth at the Ernst Ranch have that pinkish tint that the crown has.  The yellowish color comes from a small amount of residual bone bed matrix on the root.

Marco Sr.

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png

15 hours ago, fossisle said:

knit.jpg

Here is a large Pachydiscus with an ammonite knit by my daughter

Very cool!  And very skillful, that is not an easy thing to knit.

Don