Possible Fossil From Mars

xtrasens

I wonder if this image can be a fossil.

It was taken on Mars by Rover Spirit.

The image is an anaglyph, to be viewed in stereo using 3D red-cyan glasses.

I wanted to hear what fossil interested people can say about it.

The insects on Earth do not have spine, but Mars may be totally differen story.

Thanks,

x

leech2.jpg

Personally, I think this might be just like the "face" they found on mars a while back.. Just a natural pattern that resembles something we have here on earth.

Yeah I think you could see a lot of things in this photo but without actually seeing it and touching it it would be impossible to say what it is. There has been found evidence of fossil bacteria on mars but nothing more substantial.

Personally, I think this might be just like the "face" they found on mars a while back.. Just a natural pattern that resembles something we have here on earth.

This is a small object, about 4mm in size, the picture taken by Micro Imager camera.

It can be seen in stereo in great detail using 3D glasses.

No comparison to the "face" picture taken from distance of hundreds kilometers :)

x

Is there a way for you to show us what your seeing with 3d glasses I don't have any and I'm pretty sure many other users don't have them.

I also looked at it with a good quality red/blue glasses, can't see anything worthy of mention. Do you have the link where the pic came from, maybe a larger and better quality pic will help.

ok i found some spy kids 3-d glasses and I still don't see a fossil.

So you are saying that the spine like imprint inside the egg like oval does not look intriguing?

:) x

Its a really interesting photo, but I think its too difficult to tell what it is without being able to physically run tests or handle it here.

I also looked at it with a good quality red/blue glasses, can't see anything worthy of mention. Do you have the link where the pic came from, maybe a larger and better quality pic will help.

This the best detailed that I know of.

Do you see the 3D image with your glasses?

x

ok i found some spy kids 3-d glasses and I still don't see a fossil.

Why is the mental image of Anson squinting and leaning closer to the computer with a pair of cardboard kids glasses on his head while looking for a fossil on mars very funny in my head?

Its a really interesting photo, but I think its too difficult to tell what it is without being able to physically run tests or handle it here.

Sorry,

I am not allowed to take anything from Mars :)

x

Archived