Show Us Your Croc, Gator, and Turtle Material!

Jesuslover340

On 11/8/2017 at 3:59 PM, -AnThOnY- said:

Ill play along. I have a bunch of turtle shell chunks from the cretaceous of MS, as well as a partial skeleton i'm working on, not much to show yet, but this is my best so far.

Cretaceous sea turtle skull internal mold from either the Escondido or Anacacho Fm in Texas. I do wish the bone was still present, and there is still some bone remnants hanging on here and there, but I haven't really seen anything like this anywhere else. I found it in gravel about the same size of the skull and somehow happened to spot it from about 15 ft away and know exactly what it was before I picked it up.

DSC_1536.jpg

DSC_1537.jpg

That's a rare find. 

10 hours ago, JarrodB said:

I love that one. If you ever want to trade or sell it pm me. 

That one gator tooth is the largest I've seen. Dang!

A nickle fits on the base, surface find after Irma, I bet that gator was at least 18 ft.

On 09/12/2017 at 3:25 AM, StevenJDennis said:

Deinosuchus tooth from the Aguja formation of West Texas.

DSCN1406.JPG

DSCN1405.JPG

That is absolutely stunning :wub:

Do you find them regularly?

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

On 08/12/2017 at 6:47 PM, siteseer said:

In another thread somewhere Jesuslover340 asked me to post a photo of a ziphodont crocodile tooth I told her about.  Here it is (please pardon the misspelling of an old label) - specimen about 9/16 inches or about 1.4cm.

xipho1a.jpg

xipho1b.jpg

The photo doesn't capture the fine serrations on the cutting edges.

Jess

I finally get to see it :D

Any idea what species?

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."

I suppose I should post this Pallimnarchus pollens jaw:

20171117_054425.png

Screenshot_20171117-054146.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

5 hours ago, Peace river rat said:

A nickle fits on the base, surface find after Irma, I bet that gator was at least 18 ft.

That's a monster. I have a big Tylosaur tooth about that size. 

6 hours ago, Jesuslover340 said:

That is absolutely stunning :wub:

Do you find them regularly?

Thanks!  Teeth like this aren't found very often. 

2 minutes ago, StevenJDennis said:

Thanks!  Teeth like this aren't found very often. 

I imagine not! The two I have are piddly :P If it weren't for their provenance, one might mistake them for very crenulated gator teeth :blink: Think that is the most beautiful I have seen!

Is that tooth in a piece of jaw or matrix?

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

36 minutes ago, Jesuslover340 said:

I imagine not! The two I have are piddly :P If it weren't for their provenance, one might mistake them for very crenulated gator teeth :blink: Think that is the most beautiful I have seen!

That pallimnarchus pollens jaw is super cool.  Bet the heart started racing at first sight of finding that monster. 

23 minutes ago, StevenJDennis said:

That pallimnarchus pollens jaw is super cool.  Bet the heart started racing at first sight of finding that monster. 

Quite! Still in disbelief....

On 12/9/2017 at 10:41 PM, Jesuslover340 said:

I finally get to see it :D

Any idea what species?

No, it was sent to me unidentified.  I thought there was a chance that it could belong to a large lizard but I'm pretty sure it's a ziphodont crocodile.

Jess

Well, it got bigger when @Jesuslover340 found more of the bugger.. here it is now. Added about 8" to the overall length.

IMG_1306.PNG

IMG_1307.PNG

• I found this Informative 5

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

19 hours ago, Ash said:

Well, it got bigger when @Jesuslover340 found more of the bugger.. here it is now. Added about 8" to the overall length.

IMG_1306.PNG

That's great!  Have to find the other half of it now!

That would be amazing... fingers crossed over Christmas it happens.. don't think it will personally but I'm hoping!

Even before the addition of this new piece it was already the most complete lower jaw found.. so now it's even better :D

21 hours ago, caterpillar said:

Pristichampsus is a ziphodont croc from french early eocene? But I don't know if your tooth is

I am on the lookout for Pristichampsus material; would you let me know if you see any?

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/12/2017 at 1:54 AM, caterpillar said:

Here some pics of a skull I've found in southwest France

IMGP5515.JPG

IMGP5519.JPG

IMGP5520.JPG

IMGP5517.JPG

IMGP5516.JPG

That's crazy!!!:faint:

This was recently identified for me on this forum!!!!!:) BIIIGGG THANKS to all!!!!

It is Anosteira maomingensis from the Late Eocene, in Guangdong, China. I understand there may be some controversy as to whether it was in other areas as well.

IMG_8965.JPG

IMG_8966.JPG

IMG_8968.JPG

• I found this Informative 2
  • Enjoyed 1

2 minutes ago, Moozillion said:

For some reason I can't upload additional photos...

Try now by editing your first post on this thread and just add a new picture.

• I found this Informative 1

3 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Try now by editing your first post on this thread and just add a new picture.

Hey, it worked GREAT!!!!! THANKS, Bobby!!! :)