Few month ago, incapacitated by a broken metatarsal bone, I listened to all Royal Tyrrell Museum's speaker series on youtube when I found among all these amazing an interesting lecture about subject mass extinction event. I can't remember the name of the speaker but during his lecture, he spoke about non-avian dinosaurs' extinction like celestial body, illness, volcanic activities, ninjas who timeslipped to Cretaceous and slaughtered all dinosaurs.

I have to admit that the ninja theory really upsetted me.I thaught to myself "Why didn't we hear about this theory more often?"

So as I want to help science, and solve this mystery I decided to investigate. Couldn't be better place to investigate ninjas than Japan right? 

So yesterday I prepared my gear, ate sushis and went to Kumamoto's Tsumori formation, looking for proof... and well, I found some...

1q.jpg

I only spend one hour on the crime scene when I found one of the deadly weapon japanese ninja used to use: 菱の実 or in shakespeare's language water caltrop.

That's right, ninjas used on our beloved ancient creatures this vicious weapon. they used the technic called "makibishi", the same technic that all Samourai feared and that ruined so much waraji (japanese sandal made of straw rope and used during feudal era).

2q.jpg

I found fossilized water caltrope/ water chestnuts.

On a more serious note, I went to the Tsumori formation in Kumamoto yesterday.

It is a middle pleistocene formation which yield mainly water caltropes and insects ( the place was a giant pond back then).

I didn't find very exciting things but as I didn't post any hunt report for a while I decided to write this one on an humouristic tone and to present you.. well some japanese culture aspects. So except, the ninja time traveler, everything is true. Sorry folks, ninja didn't slaughtered dinosaurs. ;)

As during feudal japan almost all samourai weared straw rope sandals,Trapa's seed pods were dried and used by ninja during their escape to slow down ennemies. 

My finds of the day are Trapa sp. seed pod and leaves, piece of wood indet. with strange features.

3q.jpg

Hope it entertained you a little bit.

See you,

David. 

• I found this Informative 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~〇~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warmest greetings from Kumamoto、 Japan

Some find of the day:

4q.jpg

5q.jpg

6q.jpg

7q.jpg

I don't know what the problem would be. Samurai must have had tender feet. Those look so comfy to step on. I would love to stuff my bed pillows with them.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Thank you very much for your feedback and support. 

On 12/22/2016 at 0:36 AM, Sir.tommy.the.toad said:

Nice david, next time I go back to Japan maybe we can meet up and do some digging

Would be a pleasure, looking forward to meet you in japan.

On 12/22/2016 at 2:19 AM, caldigger said:

I don't know what the problem would be. Samurai must have had tender feet. Those look so comfy to step on. I would love to stuff my bed pillows with them.

Can send you a bag full if you want.:trilosurprise: