Found this summer, and recently returned from small amount of prep'. Sadly the Pterichthyodes is incomplete despite going back to the quarry and finding the relevant piece;  it didn't contain all of the fossil, but I'll live with it!! Hope you like..

gyropt 002 (640x480).jpg

gyropt 001 (640x480).jpg

:blink::faint::drool:      :envy:

Amazing fossil!

Thanks for sharing it with us. 

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

What a truly phenomenal and distinctly Scottish piece  :drool:     I also appreciate that it’s got something to say (speech balloon) :)

Congratulations and thanks for posting!

What's incomplete? The piece looks great.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

6 minutes ago, Jeffrey P said:

....   You should enter it in the FOTM contest. Good luck.

To qualify for the contest, it would have needed a large (significant) amount of prep, rather than a "small amount of prep".  :(

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

On 12/25/2016 at 8:02 PM, JohnJ said:

To qualify for the contest, it would have needed a large (significant) amount of prep, rather than a "small amount of prep".  :(

If steedman has photos from before the prep that could clarify whether or not enough was done to meet the standards for the contest.

Don

2 minutes ago, FossilDAWG said:

If steedman has photos from before the prep that could clarify whether or not enough was done to meet the standards for the contest.

Don

I based my comment on 'steedman's' mention of a "small amount of prep".  It takes a "significant" amount of prep within the contest month to qualify.  However, as you say, before and after prep photos are always better criteria.    ;) 

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 8:02 PM, JohnJ said:

I appreciate the correction. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for all the positive comments folks. Back collecting in same place again tomorrow.....who knows eh??

I'm not worried about fossil of the month folks. It was away a long time not because of the amount of prep', but because he is very busy. It only took a few hours to add a bit of rock and abrade the Pterichthyodes, replace a few scales and a fin that were on the negative side, and to expose the tail fully.

Archived