Fossil hunting between Gainesville and Peace River

Joseph Lambert

I was wondering I have went in the creeks of Gainesville and I've taken a trip to the Peace River. Is there anything in between them. I have been to rock springs but there isn't much there to find and they won't let you dig. I just want to find a place I can go and I don't have to drive over an hour to get to. Please anything helps. Thank you

You don't want to drive over an hour from where you are? Perhaps it would help if you let us know where you are driving from.  Are you directly in between? Closer to one .place or the other, where are you?

I for reference purposes, am exactly (to the mile ) right in between San Francisco and Los Angeles.

Unfortunately, every place I can get anything is at least an hours drive from me.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

• 1 month later...

I live in leesburg Florida I'm closer to Gainesville than the peace river. It takes me an hour 45 to Gainesville and almost 3 hours to the peace river

40 minutes ago, Joseph Lambert said:

I live in leesburg Florida I'm closer to Gainesville than the peace river. It takes me an hour 45 to Gainesville and almost 3 hours to the peace river

Lucky You, it takes Me 6 hours to get to any good fossil sites.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.