Supposed to be shopping- ended up at Westmoreland SP

cck

Couldn't bear to shop, but I was close to Fredericksburg, so I headed down Rt 3 to WSP for a casual hunt. The park was pretty deserted- just myself and a young couple on the beach. The water was calm and visibility good, so I began the bent over slow walk we know so well..

Before long, small chocolate brown Mako, then a larger bluish one, and a Snow White snaggletooth had me composing a trip report based on the pretty colors. One last pass before heading home and suddenly ahead of me in about a foot of water, a dark triangle. And this time it was what it looked like! 3.5 on the slant and in pretty good shape. This is my first so I'm feeling blessed.

IMG_3326.JPG

IMG_3327.JPG

IMG_3328.JPG

• I found this Informative 4

Lovely teeth, and a Festivus miracle, to boot. :P 

Great finds, and write up!

Thanks for sharing with us. 

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

A day maker tooth and great color variations. You need to skip holiday shopping more often. Besides it looks like you just picked up my present while you were there.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Nice finds!!

Much better than spending Your time and money in a store, looking at all the junk they pass off as something needed.

Tony

• I found this Informative 1

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Great teeth! I almost went there yesterday, but I went to Purse instead. I had to grab a gift for my wife from an antique shop in King George, next time I'll try Westmoreland. I have never been and don't know the first thing about it though. 

One can only assume there is no guilty feeling about your browsing for Xmas presents as I would suspect a lot of people reading your post would love to have them.

Nice finds :dinothumb:and much better coming home in a happy mood after doing some Xmas shopping.

I have promised my self that over the Xmas new year break I will do as much sieving of matrix brought back from my last few trip looking for bits and pieces, as I can

Mike

• 2 years later...

Nice find. I'm a newbie and thinking about running out to Westmoreland SP.  Is there anything that a first-timer needs to know prior to running out there? From looking at the website, it looks like you just pay for parking and can stroll right out on the beach.  Is that correct? Thank you.

(I see that the OP is still active...I thought I'd just bump this rather than start a new thread)

On 5/3/2019 at 1:20 PM, Barnaby'sdad said:

Nice find. I'm a newbie and thinking about running out to Westmoreland SP.  Is there anything that a first-timer needs to know prior to running out there? From looking at the website, it looks like you just pay for parking and can stroll right out on the beach.  Is that correct? Thank you.

(I see that the OP is still active...I thought I'd just bump this rather than start a new thread)

Hello, and a very warm welcome to TFF from Morocco. :)

Maybe start a new thread? 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

On 5/4/2019 at 1:17 PM, Tidgy's Dad said:

Hello, and a very warm welcome to TFF from Morocco. :)

Maybe start a new thread? 

Thank you.

The OP was good enough to PM. I’ll consider just starting a new thread next time though. Thanks again.

• I found this Informative 1

2 hours ago, Barnaby'sdad said:

Thank you.

The OP was good enough to PM. I’ll consider just starting a new thread next time though. Thanks again.

Us Dads must stick together. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

No harm in bumping this thread.  The fossils are fun to look at and the OP is still active and responded (via PM).

Don