Id help- new to fossil hunting, trash or treasure?

Pinkmustard

Hello! We went fossil hunting in North Texas about a month ago and found these oddly shaped rocks. Two of the three really have me scratching my head and wondering if we found something cool or just oddly shaped. 

Found in a shale creek bed, where paleontologists recently found a really neat fish specimen from the Cretaceous period (skull and vertebrae). We also found several ammonites and concretions (crab).

they were fairly easy to pull up out of the changing creek bed, found while hunting for concretions and turning over large bits of shale and rock. 

I was curious if anyone had any idea of what they could be, if they are anything. 

The first one is round, with a knob, and a hole in either side that doesn't look like it goes through but looks like it could have been connected at some point. It's fairly smooth. 

The second is too defined to just be a random rock, but I have no idea how to go about identifying it. I thought maybe coral (but it's smooth) or maybe bone? 

The third was in the same area as the second and was picked up by my 5 year old as a "tooth". I'm pretty sure it's just a rock. 

I will post more pictures in comments

IMG_0245.JPG

IMG_0255.JPG

Looks like a piece of weathered limestone. There may be fossils in it but I can not see any in this picture.

Keep looking, they will show themselves to You.

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Keep in mind concretions sometimes form around shells and organic debris. The one with a knob is suggestive of an cephalopod shell (the knob is a smaller concretion that merged with it). You can try breaking them open.

Thank you for the clarification. I did find a concretion that has part of a crab in it, so maybe this is something like that. I just thought the shape was really interesting. 

Any my suggestions on breaking then open without damaging what is inside? I've looked up YouTube videos that suggest chipping away at the outer shell With a tool, but it looks like it would be really easy to break whatever could be inside. 

Before you break anything, any chance they are artifacts of some type?

I refuse to give up my childish wonder at the world.