laabsher

Hello, 

My family has come across a tooth that was found in West Virginia or Virginia. It was purchased at a yard sale from the person who found it. Supposedly, a large molar was found with it. I have a feeling it's fake, but hoping I'm wrong. It was given to us for free and the person believes it to be a "Bigfoot tooth."

Due to my photos exceeding the size limit, here is all of them. Link is to Imgur. 

image1 (1).JPG

Hi!

I'm sorry, but I have the feeling this is just a rock shaped like a tooth, I don't think this is a fossil tooth at all... Definitely not a Bigfoot tooth, because he's still alive!:P

Best regards,

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

I agree with Max-fossils that it's not a tooth. Sorry! It could be a cast of a bivalve that's been worn. The two protrusions on the left side and a slight hint of a seam on the front toward the right suggests a bivalve cast to me.

bivalveCast.jpg

Welcome to the Forum. :) 

I've posted the pictures here for continuity.

8VL43up.jpg   RJNfruZ.jpg

T4o7HB0.jpg   WhWNaug.jpg

I agree, not a tooth - no root material, and no enamel to indicate a tooth. Looks like an interestingly worn piece of chert, to me.

Geologic in origin, not biologic, in my opinion.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

It's easy to be confused when it comes to Bigfoot teeth. I quickly found a REAL picture of a Bigfoot tooth on the internet for you as a reference...:ninja:

Bigfoot-Molar-2.jpg

Frango Ut Patefaciam...I Break in Order to Reveal :hammer01:

Is that Sus bigfoothensis (abyssunder, 2016) ?
just kidding... :)

Seriously : The only thing that I could consider to be vaguely similar would be a partially echinoid peristome region in a hardly weathered condition, but with other dimensions. I would agree that is just a sedimentary rock with nice resemblance to something that I said or totally different.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library