DE&i

Blastoid id needed please

DE&i

Can someone help me read this beautifully hand written note to describe these Blastiods please.

Blastoids 1a.jpg

Blastoids 1b.jpg

carboniferous mississippian blastoids.jpg

TqB

Pentremites conoideus:)

Fossildude19

Carboniferous, Mississippian

St. Genevieve Formation, Meramac Group,

Oskaloosa Iowa, USA.

DE&i
1 hour ago, TqB said:

Pentremites conoideus:)

Thank you Tarquin

DE&i
4 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Carboniferous, Mississippian

St. Genevieve Formation, Meramac Group,

Oskaloosa Iowa, USA.

Thank you @Fossildude19 the contents are as equally interesting as is the old UK matchbox they were found in. 

Al Dente

I've collected blastoids near Oskaloosa many times. Occasionally you will find them with the brachioles still attached at this locality. Your label might be outdated. I think the blastoid found there is Pentremites pulchellus. The formation is the Pella Formation. Old papers did call it the St. Genevieve Formation.

DE&i
2 hours ago, Al Dente said:

I've collected blastoids near Oskaloosa many times. Occasionally you will find them with the brachioles still attached at this locality. Your label might be outdated. I think the blastoid found there is Pentremites pulchellus. The formation is the Pella Formation. Old papers did call it the St. Genevieve Formation.

Fantastic answer @Al Dente as it's these kind of precise answers I'm looking for. As I continue to delve further into these little boxes. I shall amend my descriptions where nessecary.

abyssunder

I think there is a misspelling on the handwritten note. The name 'Ste Genevieve Formation' (Pella) is correct, but 'Meramac Group' should be Meramec Group.

Francis M van Tuyl. 1922. The Stratigraphy of the Mississippian formations of Iowa. Iowa Geological Survey, Vol. 30. p. 33-360.

The Stratigraphy of the Mississippian Formations of Iowa_1.jpgThe Stratigraphy of the Mississippian Formations of Iowa_2.jpg