Blastoid id needed please

DE&i

Carboniferous, Mississippian

St. Genevieve Formation, Meramac Group,

Oskaloosa Iowa, USA.

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

4 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Carboniferous, Mississippian

St. Genevieve Formation, Meramac Group,

Oskaloosa Iowa, USA.

Thank you @Fossildude19 the contents are as equally interesting as is the old UK matchbox they were found in. 

Regards.....D&E&i

The only certainty with fossil hunting is the uncertainty.

https://lnk.bio/Darren.Withers

I've collected blastoids near Oskaloosa many times. Occasionally you will find them with the brachioles still attached at this locality. Your label might be outdated. I think the blastoid found there is Pentremites pulchellus. The formation is the Pella Formation. Old papers did call it the St. Genevieve Formation.

2 hours ago, Al Dente said:

I've collected blastoids near Oskaloosa many times. Occasionally you will find them with the brachioles still attached at this locality. Your label might be outdated. I think the blastoid found there is Pentremites pulchellus. The formation is the Pella Formation. Old papers did call it the St. Genevieve Formation.

Fantastic answer @Al Dente as it's these kind of precise answers I'm looking for. As I continue to delve further into these little boxes. I shall amend my descriptions where nessecary.

Regards.....D&E&i

The only certainty with fossil hunting is the uncertainty.

https://lnk.bio/Darren.Withers

I think there is a misspelling on the handwritten note. The name 'Ste Genevieve Formation' (Pella) is correct, but 'Meramac Group' should be Meramec Group.

Francis M van Tuyl. 1922. The Stratigraphy of the Mississippian formations of Iowa. Iowa Geological Survey, Vol. 30. p. 33-360.

The Stratigraphy of the Mississippian Formations of Iowa_1.jpgThe Stratigraphy of the Mississippian Formations of Iowa_2.jpg

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Archived