Last hunt on the Potomac for 2016

RCW3D

It took until the last day of the year but I finally found my first Megalodon tooth! It is a small, very worn one with root damage but I'm still pumped about finding it! My wife found her first vertebrae as well as her first fragalodon. I've had a blast since I took this hobby up in July, can't wait to see what the new year brings!

A thank you goes out to everyone here who has been so generous in sharing your knowledge, it more appreciated than you will ever know! I hope you all have a great new year!

The total haul:
1.jpg

The biggest vert:

2.jpg

3.jpg

My little, worn Meg and the nicest Snaggletooth I have ever found:

9.jpg

My wife's frag:

6.jpg

Rob :D

Congratulations on your first meg! Finding it on the last day if this year only means one thing, good things to come in 2017!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

9 minutes ago, ynot said:

Nice first, there are some other nice things in the pictures too.

Tony

I agree Tony, compared to some of the trips I see posted here, it isn't much but my wife and I thought it was a banner day.

She was funny, our kids come home from their grandma's house tomorrow and have to go to school on Monday...both of us have off on Monday so she says that we are going back! Of course she threw a caveat in there, I have to get her some hip boots before then...I think I can oblige for my tooth hunting partner! LOL! 

7 minutes ago, RCW3D said:

compared to some of the trips I see posted here, it isn't much but my wife and I thought it was a banner day.

You should not let the other peoples trip finds discourage You. Many of them are from seasoned collectors that have searched for a long time to get to know the best places to look. But others are from "newbies like Y'All. As long as You get out and look there is the possability of great finds!

Good luck on the hunt!

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 11:29 PM, ynot said:

You should not let the other peoples trip finds discourage You. Many of them are from seasoned collectors that have searched for a long time to get to know the best places to look. But others are from "newbies like Y'All. As long as You get out and look there is the possability of great finds!

Good luck on the hunt!

Tony

Discouraged? Never...I just laugh at times when I see posts about a "bummer trip" or "not much to show" and I look at it and think, "Dang, I'd love for that kind of bummer trip!"

What it comes down to is that I am absolutely fascinated by this hobby...I love being outdoors and the thought of being the first person to put my hands on a fossil that is millions of years old is just mind blowing to me.  

42 minutes ago, RCW3D said:

What it comes down to is that I am absolutely fascinated by this hobby...I love being outdoors and the thought of being the first person to put my hands on a fossil that is millions of years old is just mind blowing to me.  

That is the first symptom of fossilitas!!:P

All of Us here suffer from it!:rofl:

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Nice finds! Congrats on your first meg! It's great that your wife and family enjoy going along with you as well. My wife loves going along too. Thanks for the report. Happy New Years!

Archived