Singapore Fossil Collectors 2016 Year End Gathering!

-Andy-

2012 Gathering

2013 Gathering

2014 Gathering

2015 Gathering

Hi all, Singapore Fossil Collectors just had our 2016 year end gathering! This round, we changed the venue to another member's(Han.T) lovely house, and boy what a trip it was!

The first thing that greeted us was Han.T's shiny new cabinet with premium specimens filling every corner

P1090622.jpgP1090623.jpgP1090624.jpgP1090627.jpg

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Close-ups of the specimens

P1090628.jpgP1090629.jpgP1090630.jpgP1090631.jpg

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Close-up of the Messel fishes, which are my favorite part of this cabinet

P1090638.jpg

One other showpiece soon stole our attention - Wilson, the Psittacosaurus

P1090643.jpgP1090642.jpg

Mammoth tusk
P1090640.jpg

Edmontosaurus femur

P1090641.jpg

At this point we had lunchbreak with pizza(our usual meet-up food), then we commenced with everyone's favorite activity - TRADING!

P1090649.jpgP1090652.jpg

After several rounds of trading, we proceeded to Han.T's room for a tour. Words cannot even describe the quality and quantity of this collection.

P1090656.jpgP1090674.jpg

P1090657.jpgP1090658.jpgP1090659.jpgP1090659b.jpg

You do yourself great injustice if you do not click and enlarge the pictures here

P1090659c.jpgP1090660.jpgP1090661.jpgP1090661ab.jpg

Let it also be known that there are more fossils in other rooms which I didn't even photograph; there's simply too many specimens to show for a single forum post.

P1090661ac.jpgP1090662.jpgP1090663.jpgP1090664.jpg

Here is owner Han.T next to Kemi, who gifted him an amazing ammonite drawing for his birthday

P1090682.jpg

Here is Han.T's Canis lupus familiaris next to my girlfriend and I
P1090683.jpgP1090684.jpg

My haul of the day - a lovely Tyrannosaurid tooth from the Judith River Formation!
P1090689.jpg

And here is the whole family
P1090694.jpg

All in all, we had a wonderful time this year. There were several new faces, there were trades, there was pizza, laughter, and good ol' dino talk. Most of all, we have to thank Han.T for being such a gracious host! If any of you pass by Singapore, don't hesitate to ring us up! See you next year!

WOW!!

Now that looks like fun!

Can I sign up for the guest list :P

Thanks for bringing us along on your adventure!

Wonderful exhibition!

Museum Quality Fossils, ... Friends, and Food - this post has it all! :) 

Thanks for documenting it for us, Andy. 

Regards, 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Great report and photos, Andy.  The camaraderie of the group is evident.  :)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Wow ! Thats one of the nicest collections i have ever seen :wub:

Thanks for posting !

Many greetings from Germany ! Have a great time with many fossils :)

Regards Sebastian

Belo.gif

That looks like a group of really nice people. And what a fantastic collection Han has! Kemi's painting is also very nice! Thanks for sharing your experience, Andy.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Great report and great pics. It is nice to have a group of people who meet like that to discuss and trade fossils.

Thanks for the comments guys. We are lucky to have a tight-knitted community who get together to share and laugh and trade.

And yes, Han.T's collection is one of the best I've ever seen.

Amazing!

What I esp like is how colorful many of the fossils are!  That is kind of rare in collection pics I have seen!

What a great report. (And great specimens). 

Its always a positive to get together with like minded people. We 'fossil nuts' feed off of each other's energy.

I have to admit that I had to look up Singapore on the map.  I didnt know it was almost on the equator.  We have a Singaporan in my hiking group and now 

I know why she is so cold this time of year! 

Great photos! I especially love the baby Psittacosaurus skeleton and Halisaurus skull.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Archived