First trip on the Potomac for 2017!

RCW3D

What a day! We were both kind of bummed that we couldn't go out yesterday in the beautiful weather since we had to pick up the girls from their grandmother, but we did pick up my wife some hip boots to make it easier to search for teeth (she is styling in them too). We woke up today to light rain and dreary conditions...after debating it for a few minutes we decided to go anyway. In the back of my mind I was thinking that this trip was going to be a bust, with the good weather the day before I was sure that the place was picked over...glad I was wrong! The beautiful thing about the river is that it is always changing, and the rain and wind today produces just enough chop to keep the sand stirred up, and the river revealed its treasures to us! Within a few minutes of hitting the beach, we both found mako teeth that were high and dry...great way to start! The water's edge was constantly spitting out really nice teeth as we went back and forth; I couldn't believe it when one wave came up over a gravel bed and when it receded a Meg was laying there! My second Meg in two trips! Unbelievable!

It will be hard to top this trip this year...but we will try! :D

Total haul:

1.jpg

My second Meg! (Now to find a big one...I know, I'm getting greedy! :P )

2.jpg

Biggest Mako.

3.jpg

Another nice Mako I found just before leaving.

4.jpg

Rob :D

Good day for sure! I went out to Bayfront Park today and didn't find much except for some nice shells, should've went Potomac instead of bay. 

Very nice, those are some sweet Makos: )

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

59 minutes ago, WAHAMA90 said:

Great finds, I'm going to have to get over the bridge sometime. 

That's funny because I keep saying the same thing about heading up your way!

Rob :D

Archived