FossilDudeCO

I figure a lot of us here share the same interests, one of the things I do is collect sand samples from places I go. I have a few extras I would like to trade.

These are each 3 dram vials, approximately 11mL per vial.

The first is - Black Sand, Punaluʻu Beach, Big Island Hawai'i collected on a trip in 2009 - 3 available.

second is - Topaz, Topaz Mountain, Millard County Utah, collected in 2011 - 2 available (I Know it's slightly larger than sand but it fit in my vials!)

Third is - Garnet Sand / Purple Sand, Emerald Creek Idaho, collected in 2014 - 5 available

Last one is - Volcanic sand, Amalfi Coast, Salerno, Italy collected in 2015 - 5 available (supposedly this is rock from Mt. Vesuvius that is broken down by the waves over the years.)

I also have sand and rocks from the Jurassic aged Morrison Formation in Morrison, Colorado. Let me know if there is any interest for that, I can post pictures as well!

DSCN4417.JPG

I would mostly be interested in growing my sand collection, but I am open to fossil trades as well!

Let me know what you have and we can work something out I'm sure!

I may want a couple of sand samples for the topaz ;) It is not easy stuff to collect or clean!

Hope everyone had a safe and happy new years!!!

-Blake

Blake,

i wish i saw saw this a couple months ago because I had various sand samples from across the Western US that I disposed of, literally. Sorry- when I go to other places, I will try to remember and collect some for you.

Ralph

• 2 weeks later...

I have a bunch of sands.

Florida beaches. Green olivine sand from Hawaii. Vesuvius ash (not sand, but you mentioned Vesuvius), sand from the Trinity Test site, Saharan Desert, and a few others.