Post Oak Creek 01-04-17 / 2 days later

Jakuzi

Head out a few days ago to Post Oak and many of the gravel bars were underwater (see previous post) so I headed back today for some fresh gravel with no footprints.  Results were a little better.  On the top row are some of the biggest partially complete teeth I've found including the chunk on the far left of what would be a huge tooth(for post oak).  Can't wait till I find one of these monsters complete.

IMG_4711.JPG

IMG_4712.JPG

Thanks guys. Probably could have had a better day but I took a friend on his first fossil hunt and he was kind of over it after about 5 hours.  He had some nice finds himself I was hoping he'd be hooked. LoL

6 hours ago, Jakuzi said:

Thanks guys. Probably could have had a better day but I took a friend on his first fossil hunt and he was kind of over it after about 5 hours.  He had some nice finds himself I was hoping he'd be hooked. LoL

Well, hiking through 40 degree water on a cold windy day isn't for everyone. You'll know you're hooked when you camp in a creek bottom with the snakes, hogs and coyotes just to get a fresh start on a good hunt. Cool stuff you found. Especially the ptychodus teeth, coral piece and the verts.

Archived