What is this?

Vanjas

I found this on a beach in south-east Norway. Someone told me that it is some kind of bone, but I don't know what. It kind of looks like a tooth?
Anyone know what it is and how old?

Thanks! :)

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

f5.jpg

f6.jpg

f7.jpg

Its a camel or horse tooth.

"Without fossils, no one would have ever dreamed that there were successive epochs in the formation of the earth" - Georges Cuvier

About the age it may be from the pleistocene or about 2 million to 10,000 years ago!!!

"Without fossils, no one would have ever dreamed that there were successive epochs in the formation of the earth" - Georges Cuvier

1 hour ago, Ramon said:

About the age it may be from the pleistocene or about 2 million to 10,000 years ago!!!

That's cool, thank you! 

Doesn't look like camel and I have doubts about horse, though without a straight on crown view, it's hard to tell what I'm seeing. I'd be more inclined to think bovid.

• I found this Informative 2

I think this may be an equus horse upper cheek tooth.  We cannot determine age from available information, but recent seems a likely possibility.  In the line-drawing below, focus on the darker lines which represent vertical folds of enamel.

horse_upper_measurements.JPG

• I found this Informative 4

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

You very well may be right. My problem (which could be my eyesight) is that I can't make out an Equus pattern of the admittedly difficult-to-see enamel. The overlay on the image is my poor best try. Certainly the vertical ribs look reasonable for horse, though.

tooth.jpg

• I found this Informative 1