kevinnix

hi guys, would just like to mention again how helpfull and interesting this well run forum is. I am wondering if anybody has an idea what this specimen is ? Location is 'somewhere in australia', from an old collection i aquired, item is 466 grams, and 15cm wide

cheers, kevin

IMG_3467.JPG

Maybe some shell fragments

"Without fossils, no one would have ever dreamed that there were successive epochs in the formation of the earth" - Georges Cuvier

The side picture looks like cave flowstone (calcite). This type of rock can resemble shell fragments when it decomposes.

I see a geologic and no fossil on this piece.

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Typical Inoceramus shell found around Richmond / Hughenden area quarried for road base.

Mike D'Arcy

At first glance, it looks a bit like a botherolepis. But after some research, it does look like Inoceramus.

Keep looking! They're everywhere!

once again, you have been a great help guys, i actually think i'm getting half educated in fossils due to your assistance, cheers, kevin

On Monday, January 09, 2017 at 0:24 PM, kevinnix said:

once again, you have been a great help guys, i actually think i'm getting half educated in fossils due to your assistance, cheers, kevin

this forum was created to educate people about fossils and exchange information.I am so happy that it has achieved that.

HIP HIP HOORAY! HIP HIP HOORAY! HIPHIP HOORAY!:P

Keep looking! They're everywhere!

Archived