late christmas gift

jgcox

Well the wife surprised me -- she ordered me a paleo tools  #3 micro jack so I can do fine detail scribing on trilos. I spent the summer replumbing my manifold so every tool has a shut off and pressure gauge. I also installed an industrial dust collector. I will post photos of new setup soon.

Good luck!!!

"Without fossils, no one would have ever dreamed that there were successive epochs in the formation of the earth" - Georges Cuvier

Congratulations, Jim.

Can't wait to see what else you can tease out of the rocks now. ;) 

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

That's quite the wife you have!   Always nice to add tools to the prep lab no mater how you get them.

RB

Eagerly awaiting your thoughts on this scribe after using it for a while . I was going to buy one a few years back until a world class preparator had a long discussion with me about how he has one and does not really use it.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I have been using the micro scribe for a few days now and I am really impressed. I still use my CP scribe to remove bulk matrix and a converted CP with a paleo tools conversion kit to get fairly close to a bug, this new micro scribe with its needle point is able to actually clean between the thoracic segments and make air scribing less time consuming. I will post a few pics as soon as I get a couple finished. 

Archived