Wealden fossils from Brook Bay

Algernon

Hello everyone

I am new to this forum but hear that you are excellent at helping with fossil id.

These three fossils came from a recent trip to Brook bay on the Isle of Wight and I would really appreciate any input anyone can give me on them.  The scale in the pictures is mm so both the tooth and rib are around 1cm long.

The nearest match I can find for the tooth is a juvenile Baryonychid (based on Sweetman's paper).  It is ridged down the edges rather than on the sides but it is not big enough to be Baryonix.

There is one tiny rib(?) which I have no idea on and no idea whether there is anything on it that could support any identification?

The last bone looks to me like it might be a limb bone from something about fox sized.  Could that be right or am I miles off.

I am really bad at ID so if anyone can set me straight on any errors above then it would be much appreciated.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

the tooth in the first picture could be a mososaur tooth, but I am no expert so id wait on the other forum members to give their thoughts on what it could be and the other stuff just look like bones.

• I found this Informative 1

Hi Algernon. As to the 1st tooth, are both carinae serrated? A better close up photo os this tooth would be of great help. 

For sure it is not a mosasaurid.

Welcome to the forum Algernon.

I think you're way off with your guess on the last one. It's definitely not from a fox.

Thanks very much everyone, and for the welcome to the forum.

gms, the carinae are not serrated.  I think I need to invest in some better kit before I can improve the pictures. 

Thanks!