Ramon

I found this fossil in Mexico. Specifically in Cerro de las mitras, Garcia Nuevo leon, Mexico. Cerro de las mitras is a mountain which has sediments from the Cretaceous period. I have found many other fossils there. But this one is special because I'm not even sure if it's a fossil. I found it 4 years ago. The fossil is dark in coloration and has line running. Is like an oval it runs all over the rock.20170107_224314.jpgThe back20170107_224339.jpg

"Without fossils, no one would have ever dreamed that there were successive epochs in the formation of the earth" - Georges Cuvier

hmm, not sure from the pictures. Based on you saying its probably Cretaceous in age and that crazy pattern I'm wondering if it might be a nicely rounded pebble of a section thru a rudist/bivalve? Might need some sharper pictures if possible.  I've circled several areas that I am particularly curious about the structure...

Regards, Chris 

Unknown from Mexico.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

I think You have a tumbled hash plate piece. It looks like some cross sections of shell fragments are visible.

Tony

PS Chris beat Me to the post. He could be correct with  a rudist/bivalve.

• I found this Informative 1

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Yeah, probably a pebble full of bivalves.

2 hours ago, Plantguy said:

hmm, not sure from the pictures. Based on you saying its probably Cretaceous in age and that crazy pattern I'm wondering if it might be a nicely rounded pebble of a section thru a rudist/bivalve? Might need some sharper pictures if possible.  I've circled several areas that I am particularly curious about the structure...

Regards, Chris 

Unknown from Mexico.jpg

"Without fossils, no one would have ever dreamed that there were successive epochs in the formation of the earth" - Georges Cuvier