maybe nothing,if you all could look,big brook nj

brad hinkelman

Sorry I can't help. They do look like they could be something. Unfortunately Big brook in known for containing thousands of maybes, what ifs, and possiblys.

• I found this Informative 1

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

3 minutes ago, darctooth said:

Sorry I can't help. They do look like they could be something. Unfortunately Big brook in known for containing thousands of maybes, what ifs, and possiblys.

yea it does..lol   when I first went I left stuff when I was  unsure and now with finding this forum I can double check....thanks for reply,,.

Dave is correct, sometimes you can find loads of tid bits that are so worn, attempting to ID them would be a daunting task indeed.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

1 minute ago, caldigger said:

Dave is correct, sometimes you can find loads of tid bits that are so worn, attempting to ID them would be a daunting task indeed.

understood,thank you.

When I first stated going I was second guessing everything except the sharkteeth and belemnites. One time I found this object that looked like it had to be dinosaur bone so I put it in my backpack along with all kinds of other odds and ends. Then at the end of the day I convinced myself it was all wishful thinking. So like a big dummy I threw all this stuff back in the stream. A day or two later i was looking at the big brook fossil site and saw the  same item I had tossed back into the stream. It was listed as a dino toe bone ! Needless to say I was not pleased. But it taught me a valuable lesson. If you think you got something, get it checked out.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

4 minutes ago, darctooth said:

When I first stated going I was second guessing everything except the sharkteeth and belemnites. One time I found this object that looked like it had to be dinosaur bone so I put it in my backpack along with all kinds of other odds and ends. Then at the end of the day I convinced myself it was all wishful thinking. So like a big dummy I threw all this stuff back in the stream. A day or two later i was looking at the big brook fossil site and saw the  same item I had tossed back into the stream. It was listed as a dino toe bone ! Needless to say I was not pleased. But it taught me a valuable lesson. If you think you got something, get it checked out.

oh no haha .. yes better safe then sorry :)

12 hours ago, brad hinkelman said:

this appears to be a worn piece of jaw maybe

100_5375.JPG

With you on this one. Bone with tooth stub seems very possible.

16 hours ago, brad hinkelman said:

and this

100_5385.JPG

100_5386.JPG

this one could be a very worn Ischyrhiza mira rostral tooth

The one that Rockwood highlighted looks like a section of Enchodus jaw with a very weathered tooth. None of the others show much promise. Keep hunting!