Wait.... radioactive fossils??

AmateurArtifacts

It sounds like your fossils are fine. I wouldn't worry about radioactivity in those kinds of fossils.

On the topic of radioactivity, however, I know that in the Rockwell Formation there are some marine conglomerate layers that are high in U3O8 and UO2 minerals, which lead to unusually "hot" brachiopods (^_^ at least I'll get it). I know that the Mauch Chunk Formation in Pennsylvania has some noticeable uranium deposits in it, but I don't think it's as bad. I've never heard of fossils being replaced by minerals like autunite or uraninite in these formations though, only association between thorium and uranium minerals and the fossils.

On a side note, you'd have more problem with natural buildup of radon in your basement than from a fossil collection. Certain bedrocks like pegmatites and granites tend to be naturally high in elements like thorium and uranium, which decay into radon and other radioactive toxins through time. If you're that worried about radon, than I suggest having a test done on your home (we had one at my house when we first moved in because the bedrock here is pretty bad).