Snowey hunt at Flag Ponds

WAHAMA90

It got up to 26° this afternoon so I stopped by Flag Ponds on the way home from work. There was still plenty of snow on the ground from Saturday, we got about 7-8 inches on Saturday. The entire high tide area was frozen so I stayed just in the water a few feet. I found a nice small mako and a few decent hemi's. I don't have many pictures because I can't clean them in the house or my wife will know where I was. 

20170109_181545.jpg

I wish I lived somewhere close enough to drop by for a quick look after work.. congrats on getting out and having some wintry fun, even if you do need to keep it a secret

40 minutes ago, WAHAMA90 said:

It got up to 26° this afternoon so I stopped by Flag Ponds on the way home from work. There was still plenty of snow on the ground from Saturday, we got about 7-8 inches on Saturday. The entire high tide area was frozen so I stayed just in the water a few feet. I found a nice small mako and a few decent hemi'so. I don't have many pictures because I can't clean them in the house or my wife will know where I was. 

20170109_181545.jpg

I my wife ever found out how many times I called in sick at work and went fossil hunting,mineral collecting, or fishing, I would be in huge trouble.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Nice finds, probably easier to hunt in the winter when fewer people are hitting the beaches:)

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

I don't know, some of you guys are pretty brave hunting in the snow.  Although I have been known to break the ice on occasion to get gold, but that's up in the high Sierras where I would have to wait for late Spring for the snow to melt. 

Dorensigbadges.JPG