Bone Fossil ? Chloride Arizona

Dean Sr

I found this piece near Chloride, Arizona also visited the ghost town pretty awesome it weighs a little over 1.5 lbs about 4"long x 3"wide thanks for looking appreciate the help Dean Sr.⚒ here are some pics more to follow 

20170109_210957.jpg

20170109_211023_001.jpg

Not saying it's iron; rather it appears to be an iron rich sandstone with some other silica based mineral veins running through it.

• I found this Informative 1

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

It is very common for ironstone like this to have other minerals, namely quartz.

The way the quartz fractures and weathers it can take on the appearances of other materials such as bone.

• I found this Informative 1

It is not ironstone or sandstone I am also a rock and mineral collector age here is 67 and have collected over 50 years it may have a ferrous coating but is red agate all the way through I realize pics mean alot but being in the presence of the of the object in person has some merit also but I still value your opinion  ! Here is another pic20170109_210957.jpg

20170109_211023_001.jpg

Certainly you may see details in hand that are not evident in the photos.  ;)  I'm still not seeing anything to indicate it's fossil bone.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

47 minutes ago, Dean Sr said:

It is not ironstone or sandstone I am also a rock and mineral collector age here is 67 and have collected over 50 years it may have a ferrous coating but is red agate all the way through

This is not a solid chunk of "red agate" (jasper).

This rock looks like a metamorphosed volcanic rock that has some iron stained quartzite veins running through it.

I would call it a mica schist with stained quartz veining.

I have found a lot of this type rock in Arizona and New Mexico.

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

I agree with the others. Not bone fossil.The infill of the veins could be red quartz.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library