Jonelle

So my shark teeth collection has grown quite a bit this month. All found in Sarasota-Venice, a lot were found when I was a child, so about 25 years ago. My mom had saved them and just gave them to me. Some were found in the past couple of months.. this is just a few of them I thought might be identifiable. I plan on making some jewelry and I would love to know what they are for sure.. I need to get a good book. I'm sorry I forgot to put something next to them for scaling, it was hard to get a couple of pictures because my son kept pulling them down and putting them on his teeth LolIMG_9369.JPGThanks.. 

IMG_9367.JPG

I'm definitely not an expert, but these would be my guesses:

1 Tiger shark, 9 might be too (or Carcharhinus sp.)

19 Megalodon, I think 20 too

6, 12, 24, 29, 30, 36 Sand tiger

4, 14, 15, 16, 17, 23, 26, 27, 28 Carcharhinus sp., 2, 3, 34, 35 probably too (but those are a little worn out so it's harder to tell)

8, 10, 11, 13, 18, 25, 31, 32, 33 Lemon shark or lower Carcharhinus sp., I find the difference between those rather hard to tell but I'm sure there are other Forum Members that can help you out :) 

For example, 8 is probably Lemon Shark

21 is a little too worn to identify for me (might be Sand tiger for instance)

• I found this Informative 4

Wow!!! I have a tooth exactly like 21!!! I think it's sand tiger.

20170111_212608.jpg

20170111_220803.jpg20170111_220939.jpg

Edited by Ramon

"Without fossils, no one would have ever dreamed that there were successive epochs in the formation of the earth" - Georges Cuvier