Beach find, paddle bone ?

Crann

Hi, found this on the Yorkshire jurrasic coast, not sure if bone but looks interesting, looks a bit like a possible paddle bone but not sure, any ideas ? Thanks.

20170111_223458.jpg

It does bear some resemblance to ichthyosaur paddle bones, but I won't dismiss it as a worn vert either. What are the measurements in terms of cm/inch?

ich paddle 2.jpg Ichthyosaur-paddle-prepared.jpg Ichthyosaur-paddle-prepared 2.jpg

ich paddle.jpg

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

I am with Andy on this most likely ichthyosaur paddle bone or vert but a photo taken from directly above would assist with a better id.

Mike D'Arcy

Tried to put more pictures on from mobile but won't let me as over the limit... Can put on later perhaps after reducing, you think it resembles bone ? Cheers. Andy it's 4.5cm long and 3.8cm width.

Yup - ichthyosaur paddle bone

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

Cheers guys, partner found it and she's really happy, think she's beaten my large Hildoceras ammonite find ? I think so... Hopefully the rest of it is out there for us to discover...

Archived