Info about a fossil from your knowledgable perspectives?

gowcoizer

Hello again. So the story behind those is that I found the smaller one when I was a child.. may be around 15 years ago and I kept it to bring me memories for the adventurous spirit from those times. This year, my brother found the bigger one.. it is similar but a little bit larger so I decided for a first time to investigate the origins. I found the little one in area with trees and leafs on the ground and somehow I think I stepped and dug it from the ground cause the angle of the soil was too sheer. The area is central Bulgaria, seems like some kind of cockle ? Seen more like this ? The closest sea is 180km away... is that a proof for area being full of water may be long time ago?

IMG_6640.jpg

IMG_6638.jpg

IMG_6639.jpg

IMG_6635.jpg

IMG_6636.jpg

IMG_6637.jpg

Looks like Myophorella 

462075Myophorella nah1.jpg

"Without fossils, no one would have ever dreamed that there were successive epochs in the formation of the earth" - Georges Cuvier

What a great forum, and a quick info. Thank you very much, now I can start reading about the info you gave... wanter if I crack em will it bleed some gold? ;d

Also to answer one of your questions.

Yes. These are evidence of the area being covered by a shallow sea millions of years ago!

I guess now that we've got you on the right track you can decide for yourself, since you can see it yourself a lot better than we can from our perspective :D

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Yeap, much help. A man doesn't know where to start searching and those names you gave were the most important clue. I am not examinotr or something to put it under microscope and analyze it layer by layer, just curiousity. Thank you

Archived