2016 in marine mammal paleontology

ynot

Thanks Bobby!

Fossildude19

Thanks for the link, Bobby. :) 

Good reading material. 

siteseer
On 1/12/2017 at 10:02 PM, Boesse said:

Hey all, I just finished writing my annual review of the year's publications in marine mammal paleontology  - nearly 60 papers this year.

http://coastalpaleo.blogspot.com/2017/01/2016-in-review-advances-in-marine.html

Cheers, Bobby

Bobby,

I just happened to read that later the same day you posted it.  It's the first time I've checked your site on the same day new stuff came up.  Thanks for the overview.  I hadn't heard of several of those papers.

Jess

Doctor Mud

Thanks Bobby,

A lot of work must have gone into this!

I liked the aggressive disclaimer that this is done in your spare time - so no one can  be fussy about typos.

Doctor Mud

Sheesh - yeah, that sounds like a journal review..... That would certainly rub me up the wrong way.

I think it's fair enough to take online first as the first date of publication. It's citeable from then, otherwise you would have to wait till it found a home in a volume before including in your review and then - it may not be "news" any more.

JohnJ

Bobby, just know that many, many more people understand when someone has done them a favor...informally speaking.  ;)   Kudos to your efforts.

Boesse

Thanks @JohnJ! And @Doctor Mud it was a totally fair comment to make - had it been a manuscript I had submitted for peer review. But it wasn't, and I don't take that sort of snarge!

Plax

I have a friend that even corrects and complains about early lit. As though the authors of that day should have known better! Thanks for enlightening us.